Motoring Discussion > German Gov to de-register unfixed VAG diesels Miscellaneous
Thread Author: PR Replies: 13

German Gov to de-register unfixed VAG diesels - PR
From AutonewsEurope..

Germany's federal motor vehicle authority has warned that owners of some VW Group diesel vehicles who fail to have manipulated emissions software fixed could have their vehicles taken off the road. Authorities in Hamburg and Munich have already de-registered several cars.

Not sure if the UK Gov will follow suit, they seem to be less pushy in this affair.
 German Gov to de-register unfixed VAG diesels - Driver
Good, get the polluters off the road.

I was following an Audi A3 the other day. Couldn't see for the smoke it was putting out - ok I know its nothing to do with the current VAG issue but its annoying and unhealthy and if there were more traffic police it may have been stopped!
 German Gov to de-register unfixed VAG diesels - Old Navy
I have seen a few very smoky vans and buses recently, standards of road users in general are slipping with little or no enforcement.
 German Gov to de-register unfixed VAG diesels - devonite
Might be a bit of a daft question, but, how do I know if my 2008 Skoda estate is affected or if it has been sorted?
 German Gov to de-register unfixed VAG diesels - smokie
I thought I'd understood in the past that smoke doesn't necessarily mean much worse pollution. For sure, it's the stuff you can't see which is most harmful.

But I agree with the principle of people keeping their cars in good shape!
 German Gov to de-register unfixed VAG diesels - Rudedog
Unless it's an official recall from the government (sorry not sure of the department) then you can't tell for sure if your car's been done.

From my experience VW don't have a dealer computer system that talks to each other, in 13 years of having my Golf I've had all of my work/servicing only carried out by either of two dealerships, when I uploaded the VW app it was missing most of the servicing and when I came very close to changing to a newish GTi the salesman took a bit of convincing that my car had a full VW service history, probably due to the second dealership being a VW commercial vehicle garage, I still get a VW stamp but the hourly rate drops to £75.
Ah! - thankyou!
Is this any help?

www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

This will only show compulsory safety recalls, the manufacturers also run "Campaigns" to fix some known non safety problems. These are not publicised and are done when a car comes in for a service or on a customer complaint.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 17 Aug 18 at 13:09
 German Gov to de-register unfixed VAG diesels - tyrednemotional
This should give a more definitive answer:

skoda-recallactions.skoda-auto.com/en?s=D&cd=1

(similar official sites exist for all VW group marques).
This is the one for mine.

www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/recalls-and-updates.html
 German Gov to de-register unfixed VAG diesels - Bromptonaut
IIRC Germany retains a system where cars have to be registered locally to owner's residence.

Reading OP and link it's not the Federal Government that's de-registering but some local authorities in cities that are likely to have pollution.
Ah! very useful Thankyou! - now to find my V5, not going to look under the "hood" today - p'ing down! ;-).
 German Gov to de-register unfixed VAG diesels - No FM2R
>> p'ing down! ;-).

Aww, it's not, is it? What a shame. One of my nieces is getting married today and I thought after all the reports of sun and heat I was seeing that she would be lucky with the weather.

What a pity.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 18 Aug 18 at 15:20
 German Gov to de-register unfixed VAG diesels - tyrednemotional
..I think he lives in one of the wetter parts of the country. Perfectly OK here......
Latest Forum Posts