Motoring Discussion > Uber - bikes over cars. Computing Issues
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 6

Uber - bikes over cars. - No FM2R
Taken at face value this could be a very smart move. [Assuming its not some random statement]

I think this curve does exist and will become substantial. and whilst this wouldn't make Uber the first, it would make them the biggest and still one of the earliest.

And it is likely to be welcomed by many cities simply because of the way it will limit, or at least not increase, pollution, traffic and infrastructure issues.

.*********

www.bbc.com/news/business-45317025
 Uber - bikes over cars. - No FM2R
The missing bit said "But it could properly **** up their tax collection model"
 Uber - bikes over cars. - Old Navy
Sounds like a well thought out plan.

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/25/chinas-bike-share-graveyard-a-monument-to-industrys-arrogance
 Uber - bikes over cars. - Rudedog
I'm sure I've heard that Uber (as big as they are) still don't turn a profit as a company, is that right?

Uber - bikes over cars. - CGNorwich
Yes and no.

www.recode.net/2018/5/23/17380952/uber-2018-financials-yandex-grab-softbank
 Uber - bikes over cars. - wotspur
They’re not set up to make a profit , YET !! There set up to destabilise the Black cab and mini cab hire that have been around for years and highly regulated . They are designed to undercut them , until they are no longer available .
Then their prices will rocket , as they do on New zyears Ever and other occasions when there’s a scarcity of drivers or special events
 Uber - bikes over cars. - smokie
Meantime their prices are often much lower than local cab companies. Higher prices at times of peak demand happens in many industries. Uber may well have (had) other less desirable business practices but I don't see anything wrong with that bit.
Latest Forum Posts