Motoring Discussion > Tuke v JD Classics Ltd Legal Questions
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 5

Tuke v JD Classics Ltd - Duncan
Mr Tuke, a wealthy, man sued JD Classics ltd.

I have no wish to get any of the bits of this story wrong, so may I suggest you read it for yourselves.

tinyurl.com/yaoaer8e
 Tuke v JD Classics Ltd - Old Navy
Not a problem I am ever likely to have, but......
I am happy to pay a fair price for a good job, but I also like to think I have enough common sense to know when someone is trying to rip me off. When I was selling one of my houses I was offered a deal which entailed bypassing legal representation (in Scotland solicitors are also estate agents). This person who obviously had no concept of law in the Western hemisphere disappeared when I referred him to my solicitor.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 30 Aug 18 at 15:51
 Tuke v JD Classics Ltd - No FM2R
>>Over the next few years Mr Tuke bought and sold some 41 classic cars on the advice of Mr Hood

The very definition of a slow learner!!!
 Tuke v JD Classics Ltd - Dave_
"Advised him that he could double his money"

First rule of classic cars. Only buy something you really want, for the joy of owning and driving it. If you make a profit, consider that a bonus.
 Tuke v JD Classics Ltd - Tigger

>> The very definition of a slow learner!!!
>>
I think that's harsh. It reminds me of the art world, where there are relatively few sales but they can be high value and its not always clear to the buyer who the seller is (and vv). Its very easy/tempting for a dealer to insert themselves into the middle when they see an opportunity.
 Tuke v JD Classics Ltd - Tigger
The full transcript is very interesting - the first few pages are a little confusing but it all becomes clear by the end.
Latest Forum Posts