Motoring Discussion > Goodwood revival Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 11

Goodwood revival - Zero

Been to Speed before, this is my first revival. Fantastic atmosphere.
 Goodwood revival - Rudedog
Same here, usually went to the Revivals if I couldn't make the FOS.

The 'only' thing about the Revival is the poncy dressing-up rule which you have to comply with if you want to get into some of the best garages (unlike FOS).

Goodwood revival - Zero
Oh I dunno, quite like the dress up, princess Z has come along and it makes it for her, we both have made the effort
 Goodwood revival - Zero
Company there selling a BMW a shark nose whale tale 3.0 csl with factory stripes and front wing strakes, for a staggering 316,000 pounds
 Goodwood revival - bathtub tom
>> Company there selling a BMW a shark nose whale tale 3.0 csl with factory stripes
>> and front wing strakes, for a staggering 316,000 pounds

Only a little more than I had to pay for B&B when I went a few years ago. The closest I could find was around forty miles away!
 Goodwood revival - Rudedog
Sorry Z if that came across wrongly, it was just the contrast between the two is quite big and if you didn't know about the dress-rule you could be disappointed after spending quite a bit to get in.

In contrast two years ago (I think?) at FoS when it was Renault's year I was in the bottom paddock when I spotted someone, I then stood right next to René Arnoux while he chatted to a friend and not a soul knew who he was, the same thing happened this year when I was in the VW garage and was next to Romain Dumas (blimey he's small!), again although the crowds were around him and no one even asked for an autograph, this year I took a pen just in case I even tried to remember a bit a basic French to try and impress but I bottled it!
 Goodwood revival - PeterS
I tend to alternate FoS and Revival, so not doing both in the same year. Somewhat spoiled as it’s just 5 or 6 miles down the road from us. This year I was forunate enough to be invited by one of the sponsors, so had access to most of the event. Was there yesterday too; had a great time. Though watching the live streaming some pretty spectacular racing...and crashing today!

The dressing up is what you make it, but I quite enjoy it, and even if you don’t have anything to wear mechanics overalls are only a few quid on eBay... And just wandering round the car park is interesting.

Surprised to see a steam locomotive there this year; the smoke machine was working overtime mind ;)
 Goodwood revival - Zero
This
>> year I was forunate enough to be invited by one of the sponsors, so had
>> access to most of the event.

Ditto, Mrs Z was the Rob Walker family nanny in the early 80s, so we got passes from the family because of the Rob Walker memorial part.
 Goodwood revival - PeterS
Ah that’s a nice touch :)
 Goodwood revival - Boxsterboy
>> Ditto, Mrs Z was the Rob Walker family nanny in the early 80s, so we
>> got passes from the family because of the Rob Walker memorial part.
>>

Funnily enough our local paper had a fascinating news article this week about Rob Walker and his garages in Dorking - your Mrs might be interested? (Leatherhead or Dorking Advertiser)

We took our kids to the Revival a few years ago when they were approx. 10 - 7 years in age. They did not like dressing up one bit - until we got there and saw (nearly) everyone else was. The year we went there was a line of Spitfires and one Lancaster circling. The sound of 13 Merlins (IIRC) was amazing!
 Goodwood revival - Zero

>> Surprised to see a steam locomotive there this year; the smoke machine was working overtime
>> mind ;)

yeah, you wouldn't want to fill it with water and fire it up, the boiler has been condemned, it was borrowed as a static display from the BlueBell railway.
 Goodwood revival - Bobby
just watched the racing of the old cars with the BTCC drivers - very entertaining!
Latest Forum Posts