Motoring Discussion > Ford Transit v. Vauxhall Vivaro.. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 3

Ford Transit v. Vauxhall Vivaro.. - R.P.
Two new vans appeared on the fleet at work this week. I used the Ford Transit on Tuesday and the Vauxhall today. Not sure how the models work anymore but the Transit was bigger than a connect and smaller than an old school Transit. We've have a few of these and this was a replacement for a 17 plate van that was having problems with the DPF. I don't like these vans, difficult to get comfortable in them (5'10" regular size and shape) but apart from that it was a decent enough drive and easy to use. Ergonomics were pretty sharp, especially in the higher spec ones that have heated screens and cruise etc. The new one is an improvement, the new dashboard layout is pretty sharp and wouldn't look out of place in a car, everything else was pretty Ford (good) - I can't get used to the pedal layout (size 10s) which seems cramped. I thought the whole point of Transits was that they were supposed to be drivers' vans ! The Vivaro replaced another Transit - we need the extra space in the back with larger deliveries..Lovely van to drive, instantly accommodating for torso and feet - excellent mirrors, far smaller than the Ford's (and the Sprinters of course), far easier to get into tight places. Minor irritations - Cruise and phone controls are mounted on the steering column shroud rather than the wheels. Headlights that don't go out when the key is removed - loads of irritating buzzes and bleeps. Seatbelt warnings that kick off as soon as you move off. Merc and Ford wait a little bit. Superb suspension, far better than the Fords and Mercs over humps. Great radio (far better than the Ford). Excellent digital speedo - same font as my 1987 Astra GTE ! If I was choosing it would be Merc, Vauxhall and Ford in that order. Not a bad day. (Oh and the back doors open in the opposite order to the Ford and Merc...! - pain in the backside.)
Last edited by: R.P. on Fri 12 Oct 18 at 17:12
 Ford Transit v. Vauxhall Vivero. - carmalade
Perhaps to need to put your name down for Fordwagen ?www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/103781/volkswagen-and-ford-team-up-to-build-vans-and-boost-competitiveness
 Ford Transit v. Vauxhall Vivero. - R.P.
One of the other depots use VW Transporters - some van envy going on here !
 Ford Transit v. Vauxhall Vivero. - Boxsterboy
The Vauxhall Vivaro (Renault really) will soon be morphing into a badge-engineered Peugeot Expert.
Latest Forum Posts