Motoring Discussion > Dash camera Buying / Selling
Thread Author: MD Replies: 15

Dash camera - MD
I’m sure it’s all been done before, but I cannot find it in search and I think I May have been the author! But having been attacked by two idiots yesterday I now wish to get one.
 Dash camera - MD
Which one though? Any thoughts anyone?
 Dash camera - Duncan
Here you go, squire. This man is independent and is well spoken of (sorry about the English).

www.techmoan.com/what-is-the-best-dashcam/
 Dash camera - devonite
What provoked the "Idiots"?
 Dash camera - MD
An suv pulled out of a side turning as I approached followed by his mate who didn't look right into my path. I gave one blow on the horn and left the matter a that. within 40-50 yards we entered a line of stationary traffic and I was behind the blind bloke. after about 30 seconds he got out and ran towards me and started banging and shouting followed by his mate from the car in front of his who ran up to me with his right arm raised above his head, fist clenched who then proceeded to punch me in the chest through the by now open window. he then ran back to his car before he sped off assuming that I wouldn't have clocked his reg number. He was right, but of course I had the index number of the idiots in front. the assault was captured by cctv from a private house some 5 yards away. the BIB were informed and the perps have been suitably dealt with. All credit to the BIB as their response was very rapid.

Perhaps that answers your 'question' :-)
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 5 Sep 19 at 10:17
 Dash camera - devonite
It does, sounds very unpleasant! - hope they get their just rewards! - you did well not to retaliate!
 Dash camera - Bobby
MD I previously had a small Mobius recommended by Techmoan which worked well but earlier this year bought a Nextbase and I am happy with that.

It also records the map gps speed etc.

I bought mine from EBay as a refurbished for much less than RRP. There are various models, the one I have is ( I think) 315gw or something like that. Was around £70.

Before buying any check exactly where you are going to mount it. Suction mounts do not like the wee black dots you get on the windscreen around rear view mirrors. If mounting on them you will need an adhesive mount

Happy to answer any more queries!
 Dash camera - Fullchat
Clearly a link to my Driving Becoming a Chore thread :(
 Dash camera - Dutchie
Sorry to read about your incident many nutcases about.

I am looking for a new dashcam one in the front window and one in the rear window.

Techmoan who is on You tube recommended the Akey DR02D ABOUT 100 QUID.

This chap tested so many cameras he appears to be the expert.These are the cameras he keeps in his car.
 Dash camera - CGNorwich
Halfords have a good range of these things. If you have a branch near you worth checking out They will also fit it for you.

Personally I’m not sure i would want of them. Too many cameras filming everything we do already and just something else to worry about. Don’t want my car broken into to steal the dashcam either
 Dash camera - Runfer D'Hills
Very sorry to hear about your experience Martin. As mentioned elsewhere, the levels of aggression on the roads do seem to be escalating.

However, as a tangential point, I must say I've never really understood why some people use their car horn as a rebuke after the event. All it would seem to achieve is turning an arrogant, stupid, or simply bad driver, into a flustered and or angry version of their already clearly flawed selves.

I prefer instead to let them be on their way to become someone else's problem, rather than exacerbate the one I've so far managed to avoid.
 Dash camera - MD
Yes young man, I’m inclined to agree😊
 Dash camera - Zero
If you are buying one a Nextbase of some model or other wont disappoint.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 15 Oct 18 at 12:07
 Dash camera - Stuartli
Techmoan gives many devices, including dash cams, a thorough testing and reviews.

I find it particularly interesting as he is based reasonably near where I live and his dash cam reviews feature many roads with which I'm familiar.
 Dash camera - andyfr
Earlier this year I got a Viofo A119s v2. It's very discrete and with the GPS mount in place it's easy to remove the camera at any time. I was so impressed with it that I got another one for my wife's car.
 Dash camera - rtj70
www.pocketgpsworld.com/reviewed-nextbase-412gw.php

Although looks a bit big to me. A better solution would be a camera with no screen and maybe a Bluetooth connection to a phone app to setup/control?
Last edited by: rtj70 on Tue 16 Oct 18 at 18:53
Latest Forum Posts