Motoring Discussion > Random insurance questions Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 4

Random insurance questions - Bobby
For no other reason than curiosity:

1. If you have protected no claims and have a fault accident, does your renewal premium depend on the level of payout from the accident?
2. Would insurance company take into account signage lane markings on the tarmac at roundabout that are not accompanied by roadsigns?
3. Do ins co now adopt a default 50/50 approach to all claims unless one can completely prove to the contrary? That way they get to punish two drivers with higher premiums?

Random insurance questions - Zero
Very specific questions for "curiosity"

1/ renewal premium does not vary on the level of payout. A protected no claims is a protected no claims regardless of loss value. However your premium will go up because clearly there is a risk.

2/ Insurance company has no interest at all in road signage or road layout, merely black and white fault or not.

3/You need to have good evidence or a an obvious case to get costs recovered from other party.
 Random insurance questions - zippy
I haven't compared costs with and without claims recently but did note that the comparison sites ask for the value of a claim so thought that the overall cost could be a factor - imagine several hundred £k + for personal injuries.
 Random insurance questions - Bobby
>>Very specific questions for "curiosity"

I suppose they are.

There is a new roundabout access to the M8 near me. Since they built it they have changed the lane layout 3 times. I have seen numerous accidents as a result in people being in the "wrong lane" compared to the rush hour commuters who kind of all follow the same lane routines. Only markings are on the actual tarmac and if there is queuing stationery traffic then these are obviously hidden. Was wondering what happens in these circumstances if the person in the "wrong" lane would be deemed at fault.

Colleague had a small bump last week, bumper and headlight and she was wondering whether this would have less impact on her insurance rather than a full two car write off type of claim.
 Random insurance questions - Duncan
>> Only markings are on the actual tarmac and if there is queuing stationery traffic then these >> are obviously hidden.
>>

I know, those blasted vans from W H Smith and Ryman's get everywhere, don't they?

Sorry.

Sorry.
Latest Forum Posts