Motoring Discussion > WBAC - WOW! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 12

WBAC - WOW! - Roger.
WBAC have give us a stonking valuation (after inspection) for our 02 plate Jazz CVT, of a net of fees, £1360.
Admittedly its in decent nick for the year with only 53000 mikes and an MOT until mid August, but I was astonished, in nice way!
I feel I cannot but take advantage of that, so we are going to see, on Monday, if still available, an 08 plate Nissan Nota Tekna automatic.
Reviews, online, generally are good, but are mostly lacking in thoughts on the auto version.
Have any of our experts here any comment to make?
(I believe the gearbox is a torque converter for this age of the Note)
 WBAC - WOW! - Dog
Neighb has one. Manual. I've driven it a few times, seems okay, based on Clio underpinnings I believe.

Ole Ted had the earlier version (which I preferred) His was an automatic. Jatco box = much bueno.
 WBAC - WOW! - MD
What happened to Ted then?
 WBAC - WOW! - Dog
Gorn. Not posted since September. Pat was/is in contact wivvim I believe.
 WBAC - WOW! - slowdown avenue
I drive a note automatic. nice, smooth, easy to control proper box. heavy on tyres.
 WBAC - WOW! - zippy
Tyres - and the manuals too. Mrs' Note goes through a front set every 11k miles.
 WBAC - WOW! - Roger.
Thanks to all responders. Much appreciated.
 WBAC - WOW! - Roger.
I liked the Note we went to see in Leeds yesterday, but it had more miles on it than our Jazz and apart from being younger, had little enough difference in accommodation and size, to justify a change from our known and looked-after-by-us, Jazz.
I think to justify a change based upon a desire to drive something different a, new to us, car will have to offer something different!
Despite all warnings, I still fancy a C4 Picasso auto, but at least until we have saved up a bit, the Jazz it is!
Last edited by: Roger. on Tue 8 Jan 19 at 18:53
 WBAC - WOW! - Fenlander
>>>WBAC have give us a stonking valuation (after inspection) for our 02 plate Jazz CVT, of a net of fees, £1360.

I'm staggered they'd offer that after valuation... must be an absolute minter. Mind you if a Jazz is looked after they can look amazing for year. Daughter has an '02 Jazz Sport (ha ha) at 110k... interior, paint where original and brightwork look about a year old not 17yrs old.

Re WBAC inspections... Locally they are done from a portacabin and a couple of coned off spaces in the corner of Dobbies car park. While waiting for my shoppers to return I often watch the guy pouring over this or that car drawing folks attention to near invisible blemishes.

But if they do work out value wise a very easy alternative to the private sale. Must be getting old as I've not enjoyed the last couple I've done.
 WBAC - WOW! - CGNorwich
Worth also trying Evans Halshaw. I got £400 more from them than offered by WBAC. They seem less picky over minor blemishes and chips etc.
 WBAC - WOW! - Lygonos
So wbac.com were valuing my B250e at £10,815 on 20.3.19

Just checked today and it is now...…..

£14,155

I would expect c.£16k privately as values have increased over the past 3 months across every EV.
 WBAC - WOW! - Bobby
Thought you had chopped that for a 2 series?
 WBAC - WOW! - Lygonos
>>Thought you had chopped that for a 2 series?

No, the 2 is a lease car for the missus - deal was too good not to get - 225xe - £230/mth for 18 mths (1+17).

Does about 15 miles on electric, averaging 65mpg (does 40-45mpg on a very long motorway haul once the electrons run out).

Latest Forum Posts