Motoring Discussion > Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much?
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 14

Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - Falkirk Bairn
First fault on my now 6.5 year old CRV.
Front parking sensor sounding off with nothing nearby. Move off & the warning stops.

Phoned up the nearly local Dealer

Investigation £54
Sensor £135.67
Fitting ??

So we are talking some £200

I will switch the sensors off & think about it.

Denso sensors (they supply Honda) are £30 - £40 - so an approximate £100 markup!
 Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - sooty123
How hard are they to fit, just clip in and out?

Btw what's the crv like? Thinking of getting mk3 or possibly a mk2
 Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - Falkirk Bairn
Car is an auto petrol - asthmatic but until 2 days ago it had been 100% reliable apart from a airbag recall.

Its spacious, comfy & does what I need - starts 1st time, trips to airports for family etc, trips to tip, cruises OK but slow off the mark & likes a drink - 28 ish overall - 33 on a run.
Cheers, I think I'll go have a look at one. Were all the mk3 4wd?
 Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - Lygonos
>>Were all the mk3 4wd?

Some 2.0 petrol and 120bhp 1.6 diesel manuals were FWD.

I think all petrol automatics, some petrol manual, all 160bhp 1.6 diesel (man & auto) and all 2.2 diesel (man & auto) were AWD.
Last edited by: Lygonos on Mon 11 Mar 19 at 20:24
 Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - Mike H
We've had ours from new for three and a half years. It's a 1.6i-dtec diesel, front-wheel drive. A very practical car, plus it's economical (52mpg) and surprisingly pokey in the intermediate gears. We're planning to upgrade to the CR-V Hybrid over the next couple of months.

If you look in the Owners Reviews section on the other side you'll find a comprehensive review ;-)
 Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - Zero
Remove the spider from it.
 Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - Boxsterboy
Take it to an auto-electrician - they'll fix it for far less.

A mate of mine is a auto-electrician and always has good stories. Like the chap with the Bentley GT coupe,whose rear LED lights had failed (both units). Sealed units, £1250 + VAT each to replace. The owner needed it MOTed so he could part-ex it, and for that the lights needed to work. My mate worked out how to open the sealed units and replace the failed LEDs with £15 generic ones, plus a £30 charge for labour!
 Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - R.P.
I owned a 2009 Diesel for a while - it was a great motor and suited my needs at the time (which were thrust upon me) It was a fine car. My biggest regret was not buying the lux petrol version (parked next to the one I bought) - it was everything I expected from the car. Peerless in the 2010 snows, and good on the road, cavernous load capacity. Performance was my issue - a little too flat - chopped it for the X1 in the end, did much the same job only slightly quicker. I still have a yearning when I see a sharply suited new one...
 Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - Bromptonaut
Wonder about a Diesel CR-V for towing the 'van.

Trouble is SWBMO already thinks my penchant for listening to Money Box, questioning spending and thinking about investments means I'm turning into my Dad.

Driving a Honda would be final confirmation......
>> Wonder about a Diesel CR-V for towing the 'van.
>>
>> Trouble is SWBMO already thinks my penchant for listening to Money Box, questioning spending and
>> thinking about investments means I'm turning into my Dad.
>>
>> Driving a Honda would be final confirmation......

Yeah you really dodged that bullet by buying a roomster and a berlingo...

;-)
 Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - helicopter
My 2013 CRV is the diesel 2.2 Ex with all bells and whistles including AWD.

I have had no issues whatsoever in the four years I have owned it and use a local independent for service and MOT.

Currently returning over 40 mpg and able to transport two large chests of drawers to sons flat with the rear seats down.

It will sit on the motorway fully loaded all day at 70 mph with quiet efficiency.

Alright,I agree that it is a dads car but if it does everything that I want then I care nothing for what other people think.
 Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - Robbie34
I changed my 2012 CR-V EX 2,2 I-DTEC in December for a new Volvo V60. I would have preferred a new CR-V but Honda no longer produces a diesel version. In the six years that I owned it it was bomb proof. The only problem was the airbag. This happened on two occasions.
Towing my caravan, fuel consumption varied between 28 and 32 mpg, depending on road conditions. Local journeys, solo, averaged 40 mpg, and longer motorway journeys a comfortable 55mpg.
 Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - helicopter
Do you use the economy setting to achieve that MPG Robbie?

I did for a while but it did not seem to make much difference overall .

Honda CR-V III - Front Parking sensor is how much? - Robbie34
Yes, I stuck to the economy setting always. However, I have also stuck fairly religiously to speed limits. Towing, I rarely exceeded 50mph on motorways and dual carriageways. I also used Shell V Power, as I do with my new V60.
Last edited by: Robbie34 on Tue 12 Mar 19 at 17:35
Latest Forum Posts