Motoring Discussion > BMW 3-Series E46 - Car write off Insurance issue? Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Marc4Six Replies: 0

BMW 3-Series E46 - Car write off Insurance issue? - Marc4Six
After a recent accident my car has been declared a category S (formerly C) write off by my insurance company. Once I was made aware of this I indicated that my intention was to buy back the car and repair it if viable. The insurers have taken the car to storage. I am currently disputing their valuation.

Having spoken to a bodyshop they required more specific photos than I had already taken of the damage before they would commit to a quote. The car is at a storage facility that would not allow me access to it as it is in a secure police compound. So, after many calls to my insurers and the storage garage I have been unable to obtain the required photos.

After a recent email from the insurers it became apparent that they had arranged to transport my car to a ‘free storage facility’ location unknown. I have instructed them to move it to the bodyshop who will then be able to inspect it and provide a quote. I have not made a final decision yet as I do not have all the information I need, but given that I have effectively taken the car back is this going to cause me any difficulties with my insurers?
Latest Forum Posts