Motoring Discussion > Road traffic offence and parking fine query Legal Questions
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 3

Road traffic offence and parking fine query - wotspur

Today I received from Hounslow Council a fine for stopping in a Yellow box in. Twickenham road by the hospital .
It says it was Recored on CCTV and still images are shown below .
BUT NO PHOTOS were provided Firstly does that make it null and void ???
I don’t deny driving along the road , I don’t deny going into the 30 yardbox , with a clear exit .....until some bloke pulled out form the hospital denying my exit form the box .
Now if it’s CCTV , SURELY I can ask for mitigating circumstances , but if it’s still pictures I’m screwed .

Also asking for a friend
He went to a football game , arrived 30 minutes before the game started , and parked in a car park , that had 3 hrs free parking in a “ shopping outlet mall”
After the game , they got back to the car after 2hr 50 mins and moved away but it was a busy car park and took a long time to get out
Weeks later got a fine from a “Premeir Park “ firm saying he was still in site 3 hrs 30 minutes later , he was , cause it took 45 minutes to escape onto the main road....
He ignored the first fine , and now it’s escalated . Being Just a shop parking firm , should he pay the fine , or ignore it and go to court should it go that far ??
 Road traffic offence and parking fine query - MD
Hounslow. That was your mistake. 40 years ago it was unpleasant. Lordy knows what its like now?
 Road traffic offence and parking fine query - Duncan
Hounslow is like Feltham, but without the charm.
 Road traffic offence and parking fine query - Bromptonaut
As regards council ticket they'll have to provide photos to the tribunal if you appeal and I'd be surprised if there's no means to view/download them from the Notice to Owner you've presumably received. As documented elsewhere on this forum I'm presently engaged in an appeal with Camden Council over poorly signed resident bays. I could access photos via link from the charge notice and they were also included in Camden's evidence file to the Tribunal.

As regards your specific issue with way your exit from box was obstructed I'd suggest a search of the 'significant cases on London Tribunals website - it must have come up before.

As for your friend I'd suggest using the appeals process if it's still available. If the operator subscribes to BPA appeals mechanism he's got prospect of a reasonably open and fair appeals process. If it's the other lot then consensus is that their appeals are opaque and not truly impartial.

Keep us posted.
Latest Forum Posts