Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen - VW radio Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 13

Volkswagen - VW radio - CGNorwich
Help, I'm beaten by technology! The radio on my VW Golf displays station logos. At least it did.

I have recently added a few new DAB stations onto the presets but the logos were not displaye and I can't work out what to do for them to be shown. There is a button in the Settings menu to delete which works, I've all the logos l! but I cannot work out for the life of me how to restore them.

Any ideas
 Volkswagen - VW radio - R.P.
www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vw+radio+instructions

Anything in here ?
Thanks. I have now worked out that I need to download the logos onto an sd card and load them int the “infotainment” system. I’ve localed the VW download site and downloaded several hundred logos which somewhat ironically do not include the logo for Scala Radio the one which I was originally missing

I’ve now found the Scala website and downloaded their logo and added it to the rest on the sd card.

I’ll add them to the car tomorrow.

Isn’t life complicated. It was never like this when we just had the Light Programme, the Home Service and bicycles. :-)
 Volkswagen - VW radio - Zero
>> Thanks. I have now worked out that I need to download the logos onto an
>> sd card and load them int the “infotainment” system. I’ve localed the VW download site
>> and downloaded several hundred logos which somewhat ironically do not include the logo for Scala
>> Radio the one which I was originally missing

Wot? I dont need to download logos on the Beemer. You tune the radio, the correct logo appears with the station.
You probably have a pre loaded file of logos as I did on the VW until I deleted them! If you add a new station like Scala which isn’t on the file you will have to add the logo unless the BMW system automatically downloads them somehow.

At least that’s how I understand it.
Some MUX's can transmit the logo to the radio, probably only active on the major transmitters, the beemer does download loads of stuff over its support 4g network.
That that makes sense then. Would me interesting to see if you have a Scala Radio logo.
As it appears to be on my local major mux, When I get on my feet enough, I'll go fire the beemer up and see if it logo displays.
 Volkswagen - VW radio - bathtub tom
>> When I get on my feet enough, I'll go fire the beemer up and see if it logo displays.

Oh dear, not looked in the garage recently?
The app on my phone says its still there
 Volkswagen - VW radio - sherlock47
>> The app on my phone says its still there
>>

If one can hack the Tesla to make a suicide manoeuvre, your BMW surveillance should be easy :)
 Volkswagen - VW radio - tyrednemotional
>>

...the app on your phone says the icon is still there?

There's clever for you....... !
 Volkswagen - VW radio - bathtub tom

I feel an Eric Morecambe misquote coming on:
Your phone app says all the parts are there, but not necessarily in the right order. Wasn't the 'incident' mentioned when it was 'borrowed'?
 Volkswagen - VW radio - tyrednemotional
....not all the parts, just the tracker.....

;-)
Latest Forum Posts