Motoring Discussion > Honda C90 Project. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 7

Honda C90 Project. - R.P.
Bought the bike home a couple of weeks ago along with a shed full of parts. Dragged it out of the garage earlier and gave it a pre inspection clean. Typically Honda the 40 year old paintwork shines at the touch of a sponge and leather. Some wires have been re-connected and the battery taken off - the engine is a mixture with a piggy backed starter motor that's not connected to anything on the original bike. Kick start shows strong compression and the gearbox changes easily and I find neutral easily - it will need a new battery. Hopefully with draining the tank and the carb and re-fuelling it should go !

I have three spare fuel tanks amongst the spare parts, what is apparent is the superb build an manufacturing quality of Honda products.

Will be ordering a battery soon and then the next steps...
 Honda C90 Project. - Zero
Sounds like fun
I may go off roading (plenty of scope around here)
 Honda C90 Project. - No FM2R
As I'm sure you're intending to, change the oil. It'll have all sorts of s*** in it by now.

And then do it again 50 miles later when it'll still more s*** in it.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 5 May 19 at 19:37
 Honda C90 Project. - bathtub tom
>> the engine is a mixture with a piggy backed starter motor that's not connected to anything on the original bike.
Are you saying someone's bolted a starter to the engine that doesn't do anything?

>>I have three spare fuel tanks amongst the spare parts
I thought the petrol tank was integral with the frame.

I'm currently looking at what was described as a goldie. Turns out it's the frame of the other single manufactured at the same time with a very early goldie engine. It doesn't have the distinctive features of the squared-off finning on the barrel, swept back exhaust or conical silencer. There's some filler in the engine casing.........................
Henry Cole is restoring a Goldie in his Motorcycle Show on ITV 4. I'm pretty contented with the bike. There are something like 35 million of them in the world. Plenty of bits to be had ! ;-)
Well a whole year and a bit went past.....a friend who lives locally came for a BBQ mid August. His eye fell on the C90 and he volunteered to fix it. I wheeled it to his house (insurance for a day acquired) about two miles away. Paid a visit yesterday, bike has been partially stripped down. He managed to start it ! - the bike is basically sound and worth repairing. Ordered some bits including a pair of tyres for £45.00 ! I have no doubt that it will be ready for an MoT this autumn. Can't wait.
 Honda C90 Project. - Robin O'Reliant
The Honda Cub is the best selling motor vehicle in history.
Latest Forum Posts