Motoring Discussion > Car parked in the street. Stolen, dumped...or? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 12

Car parked in the street. Stolen, dumped...or? - henry k
Yesterday afternoon a Peugeot 107 was parked in the street opposite us.
So what? It initially attracted my attention as it had a totally flat rear nearside tyre.
I intended to leave a note re the situation but on giving it a little more closer attention, it had FOUR totally flat tyres and was unusually, for our part of the street, parked half on the pavement rather than fully in the road.
I called 101 with the details and after they checked their system(s) they reported back that there were no concerns from their end so it is ultimately a council matter.

It also has a valid MoT.
So not reported as stolen ( yet?) , no obvious body damage or badly damaged alloys so is worth more than scrap so all very odd.
It is parked much further from the local train station than I would have expected if a train trip was intended.
Maybe someone objected to pavement parking and let the tyres down ( on a dry bright Saturday afternoon).
Any other suggestions apart from " Get a life! " :-)
I guess it will disappear within a couple of weeks . Ho Hum!

Car parked in the street. Stolen, dumped...or? - Falkirk Bairn
Similar event - many years ago. No reg plate & parked at foot of road.

Police not interested as it was parked on a grass verge. Council said they would put a label on it & if still there in 3 weeks it would be picked up.

Solved the problem - pushed it down to be nearer the site of an electricity substation.
Reported it to Scottish Power as a potential fire hazard - within 60 mins it was on a tow truck.

Result.
Said car disappeared yesterday but reappeared today in the drive of the house opposite, the one set of near neigbours I could not contact.
I noticed at least one tyre was flat. A mobile tyre fitters van arrived and has since departed.
IMO it is all very odd but case closed without any real answers.
 Car parked in the street. Stolen, dumped...or? - Ambo
Next time it happens, henry, and the car remains a long while, you could do what did with a small motor cycle.

It was parked alongside the pavement here for several weeks. Householders in the road are fiercely protective of what they deem their bit of road, and it appeared near several houses, ending up next to ours. I collared it, got permission to have official ownership transferred to me and sold it.
 Car parked in the street. Stolen, dumped...or? - Zero
Henry, you need to get out more and stop all this curtain twitching.
>> Henry, you need to get out more and stop all this curtain twitching.
>>
Unfortunately I have to pay to go out but this morning is a monthly pass.
I do have a six hour pass every week which is great.

All progressing well " your end" ?:-)
My diversionary end is working well, with few or no issues. Got a consultation this week, where hopefully we will be discussing reopening the other end.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 21 May 19 at 12:45
Well that is a relief:-)
 Car parked in the street. Stolen, dumped...or? - Ambo
A consultation here revealed that I have prostate cancer. It seems an odd sort, as no further action is needed until another 12 months have passed, and the consultant told me that, when I die, it will not be because of that.
 Car parked in the street. Stolen, dumped...or? - CGNorwich
I think that's fairly common Ambo
Quite a few people have the disease but unless it's an aggressive form something else will get you first if you are of senior years!

Good news. You can get on with your life.

>> A consultation here revealed that I have prostate cancer. It seems an odd sort, as
>> no further action is needed until another 12 months have passed,

Have you been told what type it is, has it been staged?

Medicos tend to work on 5 year survival rates, so they reckon it wont have killed you in the next 5 years......

>and the consultant told
> me that, when I die, it will not be because of that.

Ah he thinks something else will get you in the next 5 years....! I'd be asking about that!!!!
 Car parked in the street. Stolen, dumped...or? - MD
PURSUE IT. I got diagnosed (long story - brilliant GP) at 47yo V V serious. Complete removal. Their generic advice is 'often' good, but is not to be totally relied upon. They have criteria to manage and that criteria is not always in your best interests.
 Car parked in the street. Stolen, dumped...or? - neiltoo
>> My diversionary end is working well, with few or no issues. Got a consultation this
>> week, where hopefully we will be discussing reopening the other end.
>>
Good news. Hope all continues to go well.

8o)
Latest Forum Posts