Motoring Discussion > Turbocharged Direct Injection Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Mr Moo Replies: 5

Turbocharged Direct Injection - Mr Moo
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48499279

What possible relevance does the fact that this VW Transporter is turbocharged and has direct injection have to the article?!

...and how come (until now) none of their tow trucks can shift a normal sized van?!
 Turbocharged Direct Injection - Bromptonaut
>> ...and how come (until now) none of their tow trucks can shift a normal sized
>> van?!

Removal of vehicles parked in contravention is almost exclusively a London thing. I've seen a fair number of vehicles lifted in Camden and Westminster while working in London and operative word is lift. The car isn't 'towed' but craned onto a flatbed and taken to the council's pound.

The lifting vehicles are designed to deal with cars, not Transit or bigger vans. Surprising though that where van registered to 'Mickey Mouse' it took so long to hire in a suitable recovery truck
 Turbocharged Direct Injection - Bill Payer
One would have thought the van being registered in a fake name would be enough to attract a serious amount of attention in London. Maybe it's common there?
 Turbocharged Direct Injection - sooty123
You'd have thought they'd have clamped it once the fines started getting a bit silly.
Not sure why it took that long to lift what isn't a particularly large vehicle, it's hardly a tank. Must be loads of companies that could have done it in and around London.
 Turbocharged Direct Injection - MD
...or a controlled explosion:-)
 Turbocharged Direct Injection - Bobby
Reminds me of this guy in Glasgow from a while back
www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/i-ve-just-the-ticket-clamp-the-man-who-flies-in-the-face-of-the-law-1-704900
Latest Forum Posts