Motoring Discussion > Toyota Avensis - A thumbs up for LV Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lemma Replies: 5

Toyota Avensis - A thumbs up for LV - Lemma
I have insured both cars with LV for a couple of years now. Invariably the cheapest or near cheapest renewals and a good reputation encourages me to stay. I stupidly put a few dents in one of the doors of my Avensis earlier this year, nothing serious but perhaps around £800-£1000.

I decided to get it done and claimed on the insurance. LV arranged for the vehicle to be picked up and it was delivered back just four days later. Very trouble free and a superb job done by their repairer. I was bracing myself for the renewal that came through a day or two ago. Last year I paid £234.96 fully comp, the renewal was quoted at £269.32. The nearest quote from the meerkat was £284.96 (Lloyds). Naturally, I am very happy to renew and was frankly amazed that the premium had not been loaded to reflect my ineptitude.

Incidentally the Avensis (65 reg petrol, auto estate) has now covered 32k miles, 21k with me in the pilots seat. I noticed the other day that the plastic cover at foot level on the back of the front seat drivers side runner had come adrift. That is the only fault I have found with it, now over three years old. SWMBO Yaris required the plastic cap on the gear level knob (95p apparently) to be replaced under warranty, now ten years old and doesn't miss a beat. And people say Toyotas are boring.
 Toyota Avensis - A thumbs up for LV - jc2
Both my house and my car are with LV=-car insurance was increased this year-by £7.
 Toyota Avensis - A thumbs up for LV - Falkirk Bairn
Renewal just arrived £172 last year has become £200 this year.
That's some 16% more!

Straight on to comparison sites & the cheapest £224
Direct Line £188 BUT a hefty £500 excess, change the excess & the premium goes over £200!

Is it worth challenging my current insurer or just paying up?
(CRV EX auto 2012 - 2 old stagers max NCB.)
 Toyota Avensis - A thumbs up for LV - CGNorwich
£28 is not worth fussing about. Half a tank of petrol.
 Toyota Avensis - A thumbs up for LV - legacylad
In my fiat 500 rental it is....
 Toyota Avensis - A thumbs up for LV - smokie
I usually call mine to renew and see if I can save a few bob along the way. Takes but minutes usually. It may not be much but I'd rather have it than give it away!
Latest Forum Posts