Motoring Discussion > Nissan - Murano, 2018
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 23

Nissan - Murano, 2018 - No FM2R
I have one of these. It's perfectly pleasant to drive but not a great car.

An irritating thing is that it decides what temperature air to blow through the climate control depending on the temperature outside the car, not inside.

This has got to be a parameter that can be set. However, there is nothing in the manual and I can find nothing on Google.

On my BMW there were loads of parameters that could be set but one needed to use a piece of software and an OBD2 connector.

I can't find anything suitable for the Nissan on Google.

So, does anybody know where I could find out what is possible and what is available.

I've tried asking the lumps of clay at the Dealer in Chile. They were unhelpful and had no idea what I was talking about.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 23 Sep 19 at 23:49
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - Maisie's Dad
I would have a Google for Nissan Forums. This one may be a good starting point:

www.nissanforums.com/threads/heater-blowing-hot-on-62f-but-cold-on-60f-no-middle-ground.270169/
Their computers change quite significantly through the years and whilst there seems to be plenty for before 2014, there's little advice for them since.

It's an a***.

On a cold day I can park the car in the sun. Outside it can be 15 degrees and in the car 30+. So the climate control blasts stonking hot air.

Equally on warm day like yesterday, the car had been parked in a cold place it was about 30 degrees outside the car and about 15 degrees inside so the b***** thing blasts cold air.

I realise I can adjust it manually, but it rather makes a mockery of putting the thing on 19 degrees, auto and just leaving it there.
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - Bromptonaut
>> On a cold day I can park the car in the sun. Outside it can
>> be 15 degrees and in the car 30+. So the climate control blasts stonking hot
>> air.

That's barking.

Algorithm might need to know outside temperature 'cos it needs to behave differently if air temperature is 20 and solar gain puts interior at 40 compared with both outside and inside temperatures being 40 - as we had in France last July.

But what you want is 17 degrees in car whatever.

Would it help to turn the vents away from face etc until climate has got its stuff sorted?
>>Would it help to turn the vents away from face etc until climate has got its stuff sorted?

I can simply change the temperature to cause the effect I want but that makes a mockery of the entire automated nature of climate control.

As you say, it is barking. So barking that I suspect it must be configurable. So i want to do what I used to do with my BMW; plug it into my laptop and screw around with the configuration and controls.
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - Zero

>> As you say, it is barking. So barking that I suspect it must be configurable.

So barking I suspect its broken.
Seemingly not. At least not according ot the lumps of clay who maintain that they all do that, they are supposed to do that and you can't stop them doing that.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 24 Sep 19 at 22:33
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - Boxsterboy
>> I've tried asking the lumps of clay at the Dealer in Chile. They were unhelpful
>> and had no idea what I was talking about.
>>

Nice to see this is not a UK-specific issue!
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - Kevin
Have you tried contacting www.nissan.co.uk/customer-service.html or it's US equivalent?
I did speak with the US version and they said that I should check my car into a dealer and ask them to do whatever I want done not fiddle with stuff myself and certainly not by using 3rd party apps.

I tried that, see conversation above with lumps of clay.

I'll try an email to the UK crowd. One never knows.
Apparently can't submit an email query without a UK reg no.

I'll try telephoning them tomorrow.
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - Kevin
Have you tried googling or looking on UK Autotrader for a similar year/spec that shows a reg no?
Smart.

Going to see if I can find one.

There's one but it's 2011.

I shall do it anyway to see what I get, but I think it's the previous model. Looks pretty similar though.

Thanks for the idea.
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - tyrednemotional
The Murano hasn't been in the UK range since 2011.

Still current in the States, though, which will be a better match for your car anyway.

Try

nissanownerservices@nissan-usa.com
>> The Murano hasn't been in the UK range since 2011.

I wonder why not. just about perfect for the parent who wants an SUV for the school run, I'd say. Not really great for my version of off road, but pretty good on loose surfaces in the UK, I;d say.

>> Still current in the States, though, which will be a better match for your car
>> anyway.
>>
>> Try
>>
>> nissanownerservices@nissan-usa.com

Will give it a go. Thanks.
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - sooty123
>> >> The Murano hasn't been in the UK range since 2011.
>>
>> I wonder why not. just about perfect for the parent who wants an SUV for
>> the school run, I'd say. Not really great for my version of off road, but
>> pretty good on loose surfaces in the UK, I;d say.

Reason it was stopped was the qashqai was a much better seller in the UK. Pointless even trying to sell them once qashqai started selling by the bucket load.
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - Zero
The Murano never really sold well in UK. The ugly stick had given it a real bashing, and it was at the back of the class with respect to other marques in most subjects.
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - Manatee

>>
>> Reason it was stopped was the qashqai was a much better seller in the UK.
>> Pointless even trying to sell them once qashqai started selling by the bucket load.

It's a bigger thing isn't it? A 3.5 litre V6 petrol? Pointless in this market trying to sell that against Lexuses, BMWs, Mercs and Land Rovers too.
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - sooty123
> >> Reason it was stopped was the qashqai was a much better seller in the
>> UK.
>> >> Pointless even trying to sell them once qashqai started selling by the bucket load.
>>
>> It's a bigger thing isn't it? A 3.5 litre V6 petrol? Pointless in this market
>> trying to sell that against Lexuses, BMWs, Mercs and Land Rovers too.

They aren't that much bigger than qashqai tbh, certainly not inside. They look quite old fashioned inside last time I drove one anyway. They were ok but nothing more.
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - Maisie's Dad
No longer sold in Australia either.
It certainly was beaten with several sticks from the ugly tree.

For an SUV type vehicle to be used in an urban environment though it's a very nice car; gentle and smooth. Certainly got all the toys, other than the annoying climate control. It doesn't really stand out at anything though.

Also given the size of the vehicle the space inside is much less than one would think.

Not something I would have chosen if I'd been asked. I wasn't.
 Nissan - Murano, 2018 - Crankcase
Mark, you've probably found this already - discussion about the perceived quirkiness of the climate system on a 2015 Murano.

One post (quoted below) seems to explain what's afoot, and there's also a diagram explaining what happens in various circumstances.

Dunno if it makes sense in relation to your specific issue of course.

Post says:

"Heat is controlled by the Air Mix Door, which in turn is controlled by ambient temperature, sun load sensor, interior vehicle temperature and temperature control setting. The Air Mix Door will remain in "Auto" at all temperature control settings other than than Full Cold or Full Hot (32 C / 90 F). Only in the Full Hot position will you receive only hot air. All other temperature control settings will temper the air discharge temperature to avoid "shocks" of very hot or very cold air."

Thread is at:

www.nissanmurano.org/threads/anyone-experienced-no-heat-problem.190010/
Last edited by: Crankcase on Wed 25 Sep 19 at 14:20
Thanks, and no, I hadn't seen that. I'm not sure it's the same issue but it did lead me to some appropriate and complicated manuals which I shall digest at a quiet moment.

Today it was irritating again; it was about 32 degrees outside. The aircon had been blowing cold for ages and it was certainly too cold in the car. But because it was 32 outside and the temperature was set at 19 it would not give up the fight.

Eventually I had to set the temperature at 30 to get just a cool breeze.
Latest Forum Posts