Motoring Discussion > Tracker prices Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 0

Tracker prices - legacylad
When I took delivery of my new car two years ago, the best insurance quote stipulated that a ‘Tracker’ device be fitted. Fair enough. I took out a 2 year contract with Porsche Car Connect Services, using Vodaphone Telematics.
I’ve just renewed...£476 for 2 years continues with the ‘tracking card’ for want of a better expression, and the Porsche Connect App, which shows me the location of the car, fuel level, can lock/unlock and flash lights from anywhere.
If I start up the engine and don’t have the ‘card’ within the body of the car, or maybe very close by ( I haven’t tried) you get a dash warning. Sometimes I’ve ignored it and driven the car 20’ from my drive into the garage, and sure enough a few minutes later I get a call on my mobile asking if the vehicle has been moved without card. So the system works. Obviously don’t keep the card in the car, or with the car keys.
My fully comp protected insurance is sub £400...helped by low annual mileage, decent rural postcode, social use only and one old gite driver !
I think that pricing is ok
Latest Forum Posts