Motoring Discussion > Fishy Autotrader ads...? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Felix Replies: 12

Fishy Autotrader ads...? - Felix
Was browsing round autotrader this morning, and stumbled across some seriously dodgy looking ads...

tinyurl.com/37tf94b
tinyurl.com/34qpspv
tinyurl.com/35ys423

Obviously something very fishy here, all way "too good to be true" prices, all the same price, all with the same style of photo with the "contact me by email at: scammer@msn.com". So what's the trick? Surely nobody's going to be taken in by these?
 Fishy Autotrader ads...? - Old Navy
>> Surely nobody's going to be taken in by these?
>>

Isn't there a saying "There's one born every minute"?

They must catch a few or wouldn't bother and resort to some other dodgy income scheme.
 Fishy Autotrader ads...? - Berisford
I would bet that there will be a African connection at the end of those @msm addresses.
 Fishy Autotrader ads...? - Londoner
It would be nice if the Police could pose as private punters to investigate these ads.
 Fishy Autotrader ads...? - Zero
Good job Nicole didnt see that Mito or fiat 500, she would have me chasing round there.

I saw these type of adds when chasing down nicoles new Polo. I awlays ignored them or assumed there was a 1 missing from the price. Did you know that if you pay 30% less than market value for a car, your HPI check is invalid?

Oh and Felix, we all now know your home postcode.
 Fishy Autotrader ads...? - madf
Email them to complain. They acknowledge and do something.. (Very prompt -2-3 days)

(I do).

Complaining here does nothing ...

Edit Adds 2&3 no longer there

Felix : I'm sending the heavies round. Pity the poor 101 people apart from you with the same postcode: they'll all be beaten up as well:-)

Last edited by: madf on Fri 10 Sep 10 at 09:30
 Fishy Autotrader ads...? - FotheringtonTomas
They've all gone.
>> They've all gone.

Not suprised at that price, real bargains.
 Fishy Autotrader ads...? - BiggerBadderDave
"Oh and Felix, we all now know your home postcode."

Yes and it looks like you're parked on the pavement too.
>>
>> Oh and Felix, we all now know your home postcode.
>>

Maybe it's not mine.... :-)
Its your mistresses house then.

Deposit 5,000 quid in a brown bag on the 15th fairway of redhill and reigate golf club, or the wife gets the details.......
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 10 Sep 10 at 16:05
 Fishy Autotrader ads...? - madf
£5k is cheaper than a divorce...
stop this right now....! mind you if I ever referred to her as "the wife" she'd be divorcing me :-)
Latest Forum Posts