Motoring Discussion > Honda Insight II - asymmetrical projector headlamps?
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 1

Honda Insight II - asymmetrical projector headlamps? - hawkeye
Afternoon all. Here I am in rural France (in daylight) with a motoring conundrum to solve. I have tried to help a 12-reg Honda Insight owner who wants to fit headlamp deflectors. I've put a sheet of A4 paper a short distance from the headlamps and it shows the beam as symmetrical. It has a manual height adjuster which implies the lights are tungsten filaments. However, there is someone else here who has his own Hella headlamp deflectors complete with a sheet of applications which include a Honda Insight II.

Anyone have a definitive view or knowledge of whether the car in question needs deflectors or not? I say no; the Hella sheet appears to say yes. I have told the driver to point the headlamps down with the adjuster if he gets flashed by other motorists.

TIA
 Honda Insight II - asymmetrical projector headlamps? - hawkeye
PS; the insight owner has left his headlamps on for about 15 mins and the starter battery (about the size of a 5L box of wine) appears flat. Mrs H's trusty old C3 to the rescue for a jump start and the Honda owner has gone off about his business.
Latest Forum Posts