Motoring Discussion > Ford Mustang - Bye bye Mustang.. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 13

Ford Mustang - Bye bye Mustang.. - R.P.
www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/ford-mustang-driven-cambridge-north-18047308

What's wrong with people.
 Ford Mustang - Bye bye Mustang.. - No FM2R
I do hope he doesn't ever get the car back.

Ford Mustang - Bye bye Mustang.. - Runfer D'Hills
Yeah twonk right?

Anyway, I rather like those new Mustangs. A friend has one, burgundy metallic, 5.0 or something, goes like poo off a hot shovel, sounds epic.

I know it's deeply unfashionable to like that sort of thing now, but there's a tiny little unreconstructed part of me that is glad that it's still possible to buy one.

Kind of want one, even though it'd be of almost no use to me. Kind of want a Vespa too. Which would be equally stupid, but it's an itch.
Indeed. A friend of mine has one, he has a very practical German estate for his dogs ;-)
 Ford Mustang - Bye bye Mustang.. - Runfer D'Hills
Highland Green, manual.

Maybe when this is all over...

;-)
 Ford Mustang - Bye bye Mustang.. - Zero

>> Kind
>> of want a Vespa too. Which would be equally stupid, but it's an itch.

An itch I scratched years back, a: when it was cool as I was young, and b:it was a lambretta, which was far cooler.
Years ago I'd have derided your choice....but as I get older a proper scooter (Vespa etc) does appeal. I did the Japanese Scooter thing a few years back. It was ok
 Ford Mustang - Bye bye Mustang.. - legacylad
Talking of scooters, he must be a muppet
 Ford Mustang - Bye bye Mustang.. - Zero
>> Yeah twonk right?

Absolutely, now is not the time to be toodling around on false plates on your way to the sea side!
Local press is full of people being turned away from n Wales - bikes seized (no insurance) what the hell is wrong with people.
Visitors to Malham ( Yorkshire Dales beauty spot) from Leeds, Bradford, Keighley & Oldham today. A pal of mine owns a B & B in the village....PCSO in attendance. No fines given out. They were advised to go home, but probably just went elsewhere in the area.
 Ford Mustang - Bye bye Mustang.. - James T
>> Anyway, I rather like those new Mustangs. A friend has one, burgundy metallic, 5.0 or
>> something, goes like poo off a hot shovel, sounds epic.

Me too. It was such a disappointment when I went to see one though. The engine is magnificent, but the rest of the car is so disappointing. Its bigger than a Mondeo estate.

I got back into my little mx-5 and vowed to rent a mustang 5.0 for 2-3 weeks on a future trip to the USA instead. And if I still hanker for one after that, then maybe.
I’ve rented one twice in the USA.
First time was a shonky red one from a small hire place in SF.
Second time was an almost new one from Enterprise in Boston. That was mid October....I was there with a gf for a leaf peeping trip. Wasn’t expecting to be scraping ice off the screen whilst up in Maine. Both versions were the 4.0 V6 which promised far more than they delivered.

At the time Enterprise were running a predominately Ford fleet so I booked a convertible and just hoped that it was a Mustang. It was. I’ve no idea how you can be 100% certain of renting a specific model when the websites only stipulate types of rental vehicle.

I won’t be bothering again as I’ve scratched that itch and got the photos. But not the gf!
 Ford Mustang - Bye bye Mustang.. - James T

>> What's wrong with people.
>>
Seems he doesn't even have the sense to have the false plates made up to match another white mustang.
Latest Forum Posts