Motoring Discussion > The Edsel Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 12

The Edsel - Zero
Yes yes we all know the story, but do we?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgeux2LlKjs

This is a very well researched, in depth look at all the aspects of the Edsel failure. Grab yourself a pork pie, a glass of beer for lunch and sit down with this interesting and entertaining 30 minutes tale of laughable woe. (make sure you are not eating or drinking towards the end when we get to "the ponies"

The Edsel - DP
Cheers, Z will take a look at that as soon as I get a chance.

There was one of these for sale in Sandhurst a couple of years ago. It was parked on the grass verge outside the Rackstraw pub for months. It was black, but someone had done a very dodgy silver overspray with a rattlecan in places, and it looked like it needed all manner of work doing to it. To be honest, I thought it looked brilliant.

The OH caught me staring at it when we were stopped at the lights one afternoon, and instantly muttered something along the lines of "No f-ing way! If you bring that pile of crap within 100 yds of my house, you can move into it!" So that was that! :)
 The Edsel - Zero
Some of them are magnificent looking beasts of their time. I could dribble in awe over the arrow shaped tail lights in the spiky tail fins.
 The Edsel - zippy
>> Some of them are magnificent looking beasts of their time. I could dribble in awe
>> over the arrow shaped tail lights in the spiky tail fins.
>>

Just think of all that chrome that needs regular polishing!
 The Edsel - Zero

>> Just think of all that chrome that needs regular polishing!

I think its called fondling.
 The Edsel - Manatee
I had a dark blue Morris Oxford that had a fair amount of chrome. Washed and with the chrome polished it looked fantastic to my eye even though it was well on its way to being worn out.

The Edsel is a fabulous looking car - now.
 The Edsel - Robin O'Reliant
Great find Z, thanks.

And that grill does look like a woman's whatsit.
 The Edsel - hawkeye
Well, which of you degenerates has beer at lunchtime?

I managed without rereshments and found it very enjoyable. I've only ever bought a handful of cars out of a showroom and I just collapsed at the thought of being offered a pony as an incentive to buy. I had thought that 'ponies' might be a reference to engine power. Amazing!
 The Edsel - zippy
>>I just collapsed at the thought of being offered a pony as an incentive to buy.

I recall Fiat offering a free Fiat 127 if you purchased a Fiat Croma. It must have been late 80's early 90's.

Not quite a pony - or then again!?
Last edited by: zippy on Wed 24 Jun 20 at 15:28
 The Edsel - No FM2R
>>which of you degenerates has beer at lunchtime?

Me.
 The Edsel - Zero
>> >>which of you degenerates has beer at lunchtime?
>>
>> Me.

Whats the pork pies like in Chile
 The Edsel - No FM2R
s***e. Soggy.
 The Edsel - Manatee
>> s***e. Soggy.
>>

How are you with hot water pastry?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=umSPg7s0xhk
Latest Forum Posts