Motoring Discussion > Alfa Romeo 8C - Spotted this week
Thread Author: tyrednemotional Replies: 9

Alfa Romeo 8C - Spotted this week - tyrednemotional
I've lost the appropriate long-running thread, so apologies for a dedicated post.

I was off "darn sarf" on Tuesday when I spotted what was, quite obviously, an Alfa Romeo in my mirrors.

Turned out to be an Alfa 8C (it could just about have been a 4C as I didn't get the best of looks, but I'm pretty sure not, the reg. no. was consistent with an 8C).

I was puzzled by it, as it wasn't even on my radar (and I've had to look it up since).

Lovely looking thing in red, like this:

www.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/alfa-romeo-8c.jpg

...and very few in the UK, I think.
 Alfa Romeo 8C - Spotted this week - Zero
Well I suppose it makes a change from your average Lada in "t' north"
 Alfa Romeo 8C - Spotted this week - tyrednemotional
...well yes, though the Ladas are considerably better at towing cross-eyed dossing trailers......
 Alfa Romeo 8C - Spotted this week - Runfer D'Hills
I really want an Alfa. Just once, before it's too late.
 Alfa Romeo 8C - Spotted this week - Zero
Its too late
Well, it would be if I'd tipped over into liking/owning caravans, but for those of us who still have dashes to cut...
;-)
 Alfa Romeo 8C - Spotted this week - Manatee
The 8C has far too much power to be interesting.

I like this:

www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1265130
 Alfa Romeo 8C - Spotted this week - PeterS
>> I really want an Alfa. Just once, before it's too late.
>>

I had one, well, the use of one, for 4 weeks a long time ago. A 3 litre 166 in black, with the most gorgous leather seats. Lovely sounding thing, but it didn’t tempt me to ever want one long term. Quite liked the 156, when they were on the hire fleets around the same time. Looked great in estate (sport wagon?) form when specc’ed right. But again, while I’m glad I’ve driven a few I wouldn’t want one long term
Not sure if any of them are available long term! I had a 3.0 75 as a renter for a couple of weeks in Italy a very long time ago. Red of course.
 Alfa Romeo 8C - Spotted this week - devonite
Wasn't there a "Mod" ont tother site that had Alpha's? - Everyone seemed to take the "P" out of them then!
Latest Forum Posts