Motoring Discussion > Hindhead shut 1- 4th Oct AND 8 - 11 Oct Miscellaneous
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 10

Hindhead shut 1- 4th Oct AND 8 - 11 Oct - wotspur
saw it on gantry onM25, I'm sure others will inform us more on whether its for all hours or just between certain times - have fun if shut totally !!

Edited to include the extra times closed too

Last edited by: Webmaster on Sun 3 Oct 10 at 00:14
 Hindhead shut 1- 4th Oct 2010 - Perky Penguin
www.trafficengland.com/disruptions.aspx?yr=2010&mn=10&dy=2#ds

It is true!
 Hindhead shut 1- 4th Oct 2010 - Mike H
Nothing showing when I looked less than a minute ago.....
Sorry - my link takes one to a blank page where one has to fill in dates and road (A3) - this produces

A3 Northbound Future Roadworks
The A3 northbound will be closed between the junctions with the A287 and the A283 due to roadworks, from 10 pm on 1 October 2010 to 5 am on 4 October 2010.
15 mins delay

15 mins 1/10/2010
22:00 4/10/2010
05:00
 Hindhead shut 1- 4th Oct 2010 - Mike H
Thanks. Still doesn't show anything when I enter start date of 1st October, delays for the next 1 day of 10 minutes or or over, for A-roads, A3 specifically, in a northbound direction. I'm sure you must have a magic key to make it talk to you but it's only of academic interest as I lived only a couple of miles away until last year. I like to keep track on progress having lived there for 24 years.
I went to the blank page, put in the dates and road number and came up with the info which I cut and pasted earlier at 1749.
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Mon 27 Sep 10 at 20:09
 Hindhead shut 1- 4th Oct 2010 - henry k
>> Thanks. Still doesn't show anything when I enter start date of 1st October, delays for
>> the next 1 day of 10 minutes or or over, for A-roads, A3 specifically, in
>> a northbound direction. I'm sure you must have a magic key to make it talk
>> to you but it's only of academic interest
>>
I think the magic key is " click on roadworks"

Perhaps road works are not a normal disruption in their view :-(

I have complained to them in the past that their system needs tuning to what the public will input not what they think plebs should do.

(I like the Traffic England site for being able to display motorway warning signs prior to me leaving home.)
 Hindhead shut 1- 4th Oct 2010 - Dave_
>> (I like the Traffic England site for being able to display motorway warning signs prior to me leaving home.)

It's annoying how, when a major incident occurs, all of the cameras in the vicinity become "unavailable" for the duration. It would be quite useful to gauge the severity of the queues from home before deciding on an alternative route - particularly in today's situation. I live midway between J22 of the M1 and the A42/M42 junction - there were two closures that affected me this morning, M1 J16 and M6 J2. No working online traffic cameras within 10 miles of either incident all morning. Surely their servers can handle the traffic management centre looking at the image whilst still making it available on the web?
Last edited by: Dave_TD {P} on Tue 28 Sep 10 at 00:08
 Hindhead shut 1- 4th Oct 2010 - WillDeBeest
Is that for technical reasons, Dave? In my M40 commuting days I used to find that on occasions when the motorway was completely closed I could use the cameras from home to look at the queues but not the incident itself. I thought that this was to discourage voyeurism - although of course the voyeurs would also consume bandwidth and server cycles - rather than just to conserve resources.
 Hindhead shut 1- 4th Oct AND 8 - 11 Oct - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-11455940

The A3 will be closed from 2200 BST on Friday 4th October for the first weekend's work.

It will reopen at 0500 BST on Monday and then close again for the same period from 8 to 11 October.

During the road closures, traffic will be directed on to the A31 and the A325 between Guildford and Longmoor, with local access via the A31 and the A287.

"We have planned this work carefully to limit delays, and by carrying it out over the weekend we hope to limit disruption to road users and local people," said project manager Paul Arnold.

"The diversions are fairly lengthy however, and we would advise road users to plan their journeys and allow extra time to reach their destinations

Hindhead shut 1- 4th Oct AND 8 - 11 Oct - FuzzyDuck
The A31 between Farnham and Guildford was a total mess this morning, as were many other roads in the area. Any chance the weekend closure had a knock on effect during the rush hour?
Latest Forum Posts