Motoring Discussion > Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 18

Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - henry k
www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2078613_warning_over_car_central_locking_jamming_scam

Any experience of this?
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Fenlander
No direct experience but read on another forum where someone was having trouble with locking their car on the drive and found a fault with their wireless doorbell which was jamming the car plip. I'm sure such devices/methods will be tried.

I always look back to see my mirrors have folded in which is an easy check it's locked.
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Focusless
>> someone was having trouble with locking
>> their car on the drive and found a fault with their wireless doorbell which was
>> jamming the car plip.

The key remote for SWMBO's car sets off our doorbell, as does at least one of our neighbours'. However it does a different chime to what you get if you press the actual doorbell button, so at least we know not to get up when it goes off in the middle of the night.
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Collos
Very common here in Germany demonstrated on a motoring programme last year they can do more than jam the locks open ,they found it possible to read the ecu info, get the key info,block alarms ,steal the car.Manufacturers denied it was possible till they were shown on just about every make of car new and old.
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - VxFan
Seen mention of remote locking jamming on another forum and several links to ebay where you can buy the jamming devices for peanuts from China.
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - pete4344
Does anyone really just blindly press the remote locking button, and not at least listen for the click, or preferably make sure the indicators flash?
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Redviper
I listen for the click (usually I have to confess)

I was in Asda the other day, and parked under a small Mobile phone transmitter, (the ones that look like a lampost) and I could not get in the car using the plipper.
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Iffy
...I could not get in the car using the plipper...

Had you paid for your shopping?

They take no prisoners at Asda in Darlo so I'm told. :)

Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - DP
I programmed both Golfs to give a tiny beep on the horn when locking, using VAG COM. You can also toggle hazard flashing on and off. Seriously useful tool for VAG car owners.
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Collos
Doesn't matter what you do these units will unlock your car all they need is to focus on your car when you lock it they then can unlock your car at will turn off any fitted tracker unit and then take your car.
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Bagpuss
>> Doesn't matter what you do these units will unlock your car all they need is
>> to focus on your car when you lock it they then can unlock your car
>> at will turn off any fitted tracker unit and then take your car.

Can you point me to some information source to confirm this as I find it difficult to believe. The data encryption used by the car manufacturers for the last 15 years or so is so good there is no way a thief could decrypt the code just by grabbing a couple of seconds of signal from your key remote when you lock the car.

Using a signal blocker to stop the car being locked in the first place is far easier and more feasible. You wouldn't be able to drive away though.
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Injection Doc
Bagpuss, you sound like my friends insurance company. he had his renault laguna stolen ! who would want one ? anyway he had both his keys but the insurance comapny would not pay out as they said its impossible to steal a car without the keys !!!!!!! they wouldn't even accept that it may of been winched up into a lorry and taken, may be someone had written their one off and wanted his to ring ! but they never paid out.
I can assure you there is kit on the market that does just whats Been mentioned!
If some one wants they normally get !
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - BobbyG
Injection Doc, I don't doubt what you say but I find it hard to believe.
What you are basically saying is an insurance company company refused to pay out on a theft being done without using the original keys?
I suspect they must have had other reasons of suspicion. Ofr if I was your friend I would be protesting to the highest authority
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Bagpuss
>> I can assure you there is kit on the market that does just whats Been mentioned!
>> If some one wants they normally get !

There is kit on the market to jam the transponder signal and prevent the car locking. The code grabbers which appeared back in the mid 90s won't work on modern systems and I don't know of any kit available which can decrypt the transponder signal on a modern car and allow you to unlock it at your leisure. Even if there was, you still wouldn't be able to drive the car away as there is also the immobiliser for the ignition. This transponder has its own encryption and is only active when the key is in the ignition, or at least inside the car in the case of keyless-go systems. Much easier just to stick the car on the back of a low-loader, take it away and swap out the ECUs at your leisure.
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Redviper
>> Had you paid for your shopping?
>>
>> They take no prisoners at Asda in Darlo so I'm told. :)

LOL! Too true!
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Cliff Pope
>> Does anyone really just blindly press the remote locking button, and not at least listen
>> for the click, or preferably make sure the indicators flash?
>>

Yes, I've watched people do that. They walk about 20 yards away and then carelessly give a backwards flip of the wrist and walk on looking very self-satisfied, taking care never to glance back.
If you can't afford a uniformed chauffeur to lock your car for you, this is the next best thing.
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - Old Navy
My garage door remote works near one of the mobile phone frequencies, the bumph that came with it said that it could be blocked by a nearby mobile phone in use. So jamming can't be difficult for the determined.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 1 Oct 10 at 16:22
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - MD
Radio GaGa you Queens!
 Central locking jamming scam & thefts from cars - movilogo
I always pull the door handle to verify car is locked.
Latest Forum Posts