Motoring Discussion > Lotus - New Lotus models
Thread Author: Tooslow Replies: 8

Lotus - New Lotus models - Tooslow
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11440488

For some inexplicable reason I am very glad that these guys are still in business. It might be the Emma Peel effect.

John
 Lotus - New Lotus models - Alastairw
Although the new models are very pretty I think Lotus are stretching the brand too far, and unnnecessarily. They should stick to their knitting and keep making small, lightweight, sportcars rather than trying to compete with Porsche, Aston-Martin etc. IMO
 Lotus - New Lotus models - Marc
"In the UK, out of its existing network of 23 dealerships only three will remain"

Thanks for all your work selling the Elise over the years guys.
 Lotus - New Lotus models - Tooslow
Alistair, Marc, you could be right.

John
 Lotus - New Lotus models - Skoda
I think you're right Alastair.

p.s. Lotus, while you're at it, remember, the population of wannabe lotus drivers isn't all 5-foot-nothing with their hands in the air and built like a whippet.
 Lotus - New Lotus models - RattleandSmoke
Not sure how having only three dealers in the UK will work. Ferrari have a lot more than that even.
 Lotus - New Lotus models - Dulwich Estate
As a younger but impecunious man I hankered after the original (Emma Peel) Elan - preferably a Sprint in red, white and gold but when affordability was maybe only just a few more years away for me Lotus went upmarket and killed the dream. I couldn't afford the Excel etc. but thought they were lovely at the time. Now, that I can afford that type of car (but I don't want it anymore - life can be funny there!) they only go and push themselves higher upmarket again.
 Lotus - New Lotus models - Marc
"preferably a Sprint in red, white and gold"

Player's Gold Leaf cigarette colours. Later replaced by the black and gold JPS livery on Team Lotus in the 70s.
 Lotus - New Lotus models - Alastairw
My pottery teacher at school had a gold leaf Elan, which he had restored himself. I preferred his 911 at the time, rather sadly.
Latest Forum Posts