Motoring Discussion > Russ Swift on Now show Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 10

Russ Swift on Now show - bathtub tom
He did his party trick of reverse/handbrake turn into a small gap. Did I see some glass fragments flying, or was it water?

Unfortunately it's not on i-player (yet?).
 Russ Swift on Now show - Zero
The one show, yes. It was just a smidgin too tight i think.
 Russ Swift on Now show - Bellboy
the nearside rear wheel didnt lock but the offside rear did
dont watch this programme anymore but it had Mr caine on so i dida
 Russ Swift on Now show - hawkeye
Russ Swift; what a hero. That '80s BL ad was almost entirely responsible for me choosing a Montego as my company car. And jolly good it was too for 160K miles before you rise to the bait.

Apart from the warped front discs that cracked the windscreen, popped the mirror into my lap, undid my watch and gave me a fright. Details, details.
Last edited by: hawkeye on Fri 1 Oct 10 at 21:23
 Russ Swift on Now show - borasport
I think he took one of the lights out on the car behind him, but having tried 'autotesting' once upon a time when he was 'the man', I'm not complaining.

but it is just as true to say, in the days of the Montego ad, he way paid to do what he did at race meetings and at (a BTCC meeting, I think) at Oulton Park, he got it spectacularly wrong and wrote off one if not 2 Montgos (good thing ? bad thing? I'm not saying)
 Russ Swift on Now show - R40

Saw Russ Swift last year at Silverstone. He was as entertaining as ever............
>>having tried 'autotesting' once upon a time when he was 'the man'

His son's now the one to beat. It's like ballet watching them do their stuff.

I'm doing a grass surface autotest on Sunday. I'm figuring out how to fit a rudder. ;>)
 Russ Swift on Now show - Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P}
I saw Russ Swift demonstrating once. Amazing.
But some of his tricks were performed in vehicles with locked differentials IIRC.
 Russ Swift on Now show - teabelly
I think it was water. They showed a top down shot and the car behind didn't seem to move....The flying bits were too low to be anything else. Plus it's Russ. He just wouldn't!
 Russ Swift on Now show - R.P.
Had me confused there, the Now Show being a radio programme that was on last night.
My apologies for misnaming the show and accusing Russ Swift of anything less than perfection.

It's now on iplayer: tinyurl.com/2w86953 (28 minute mark).

I reckon it's water, but could it have any closer?
Latest Forum Posts