Motoring Discussion > Michelin Premacy Tyres or What? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P} Replies: 10

Michelin Premacy Tyres or What? - Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P}
Just got two new Michelin Premacy HP tyres. Now I thought I was getting direct replacements for my previous Michelin Pilot Premacy. Speed and load ratings are the same , tread pattern is different but still asymmetric, with a rim protector.
Have I been sold an inferior tyre or is it just a later version?
 Michelin Primacy Tyres or What? - WillDeBeest
Later version. Very good in my experience with them (since 2008 on my Volvo.) And it's Primacy (which is a word, if not a very rubbery one), not Premacy, which isn't.
 Michelin Primacy Tyres or What? - Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P}
And the Pilot has been dropped as well?
As in the Joan Armatrading song.
 Michelin Primacy Tyres or What? - Marc
The Pilot name has been kept for their 'sport' tyres - the Pilot Exalto and the new Pilot Sport 3.

Primacy is their premium touring tyre.
 Michelin Primacy Tyres or What? - Bellboy
why change it if the name sticks ;-)
 Michelin Primacy Tyres or What? - DP
The Primacy HP is one of the best all round tyres I have known. Quiet, long lasting, and very grippy in both wet and dry conditions. I think they are worth the £15 price premium per tyre compared to most other premium alternatives.
Thanks for the assurances about my Michelin tyre swap.
Regarding words, 'Primacy' is not a word as such but a brand designation , like Cif or Daz or L26DP04U B. I agree 'primacy' is a word.
 Michelin Primacy Tyres or What? - Bill Payer
Primacy HP is the replacement for Primacy - it's really a "touring" tyre. Pilot's were the sporty tyres.
 Michelin Primacy Tyres or What? - Bill Payer
- I meant to also add, I've got Primacy HP's on my car and there not obviously asymmetric.
Last edited by: Bill Payer on Sun 3 Oct 10 at 20:39
They have OUTSIDE marked on the err outside and the tread patterns and bracing webs are noticeably different on the inside and outside edges. Not as marked as the Pilot Primacy. The Michelin web site goes to some length explaining how they are superior to the Pilot Primacy. Well, they would ...
 Michelin Primacy Tyres or What? - Slightlyfatdirector
Great tyres. More than doubled the mileage I used to get on my Volvo S60 with no loss of grip and soooooooo much quieter than the old Pirelli P6000's I used to use. Full benefit only acheived with all 4 Michelin's fitted but more than halved the sound in the car.

Additionally added saved an extra 5mpg which was an unexpected bonus. All the above more than paid for the very small up-front premium.
Latest Forum Posts