Motoring Discussion > Help Please Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 36

Help Please - Zero
Someone has parked a brand new Dacia Jogger Extreme Edition outside my house.

For some weird reason I had to pop out and have a look, it looks very smart, got a fancy streamedlined thule basket rack on the roof, fab black alloy wheels. Rear space for dogs very big

Had a check on the web site. 140hp hybrid version available for 23 grand list?

What am I doing!!!!!!!!!
 Help Please - Duncan
We always knew you were seriously down market. Those who weren't convinced now have the proof.

Shakes head in disbelief and walks away.
 Help Please - Runfer D'Hills
I can’t help liking them too. In fact it would in principle be an ideal car for me. I’m sure the feeling will wear off before it’s too late.
 Help Please - sooty123
You can also buy a tent extension as an optional extra for them. Looks pretty smart if you're into that sort of thing.
I am a bit.
Oh heck!
 Help Please - VxFan
If it's anything like the Dacier Duster, then you'll find it's very agricultural to drive.
 Help Please - Zero
>> I can’t help liking them too. In fact it would in principle be an ideal
>> car for me. I’m sure the feeling will wear off before it’s too late.

It reminds me a bit of the Matra Rancho, which I quite fancied back in the day. Fortunately it was an itch best left unscratched.
 Help Please - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> It reminds me a bit of the Matra Rancho, which I quite fancied back in
>> the day. Fortunately it was an itch best left unscratched.
>>

A friend had one. I loved the look of it, but it spent more time off the road than on it.

A good night last night, eh Zeddo?
 Help Please - CGNorwich
Am I right in thinking you also liked the look of the Citroen Cactus?
 Help Please - Zero
>> Am I right in thinking you also liked the look of the Citroen Cactus?

Not the look, but as a package on the road, it was pretty likeable.
 Help Please - Bromptonaut

I liked the idea of the Rancho too but on closer examination....

Not sure the Pug 104ZS I bought instead was a much better idea but it was faster and pretty much the same/more fun than the Mini it replaced.
 Help Please - bathtub tom

Wasn't that basically a Simca 1100? I recall them with noisy tappets.
 Help Please - Dog
Chrysler/Talbot Alpine, Horizon used 'em too. Noisier than some frog diseasels of dat era.
 Help Please - Dog
Plus the Talbot Solara: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simca_1307
I didn't know, or had forgotten, that what became the Peugeot 309 was originally a Chrysler/Simca project with lower powered versions having Simca derived engines at least in the early iterations.
 Help Please - tyrednemotional
>>
>> Shakes head in disbelief and walks away.
>>

...austerity is the new hauteur, don'tcher know....
My main contribution to the direction of that sociological trend is experimenting with the wearing of supermarket socks. I’m not sure if I’m fully at peace with it, but I don’t think anyone has noticed yet.
....that's because you haven't (at least as yet, I hope) sunk so low as to be wearing them with sandals...
That gets ever more tempting as the years advance I’ll concede. I do like a new sock day.
 Help Please - zippy
They look decent and I like the new grill that they have.

I know it's not quite comparing like with like but a Touran from VW starts at £36,040.

I purchased a new diesel Touran in 2005 for Mrs Z and it cost £13k. That's some inflation - and yes I know it has got more safety features, standard equipment etc.

But I wonder if there is a market for even more budget conscious motoring. The old Touran was all that Mrs Z wanted. If it were made today, in the same spec, which included metallic paint, ABS, traction control, multiple air bags, including side curtains and 7 seats, I wonder what it would really cost?
 Help Please - Zero
Oh! it only has 750kg towing capacity!!!!!!!!!
>> Oh! it only has 750kg towing capacity!!!!!!!!!

How much does your little caravan weigh?
 Help Please - Zero
>> >> Oh! it only has 750kg towing capacity!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> How much does your little caravan weigh?

Max (ie loaded) of 1300kg. I usually run it at about 1100kg
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 8 Jun 23 at 14:40
>> Max (ie loaded) of 1300kg

No good to me for the same reason, the Xplore 304 is in the 1300kg
range too. Next up from Dacia is the Biggster but not until 2025.

On a separate note I was passed, while out walking earlier today, by the first Ineos Grenadier I've seen.

Not in SE England but on the A859 on the Isle of Harris - passing through Direcleit towards Tarbert or Stornoway.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Thu 8 Jun 23 at 14:44
Must come down a bit if you leave the mother in law behind (badoom tish)
;-)
...oddly enough, the towing weight of the smaller-engined, non-hybrid version is higher at 1200kg.

(I'm not sure I've ever seen a max towing weight quoted as "driver only" on any other vehicle, though - best not to let the M-i-L drive it then).
 Help Please - Biggles
Where is that figure from? The Dacia site says 1200 kg, driver only.
Edit - ah, the hybrid. OK 750.
Last edited by: Biggles on Thu 8 Jun 23 at 15:55
 Help Please - Zero
>> My main contribution to the direction of that sociological trend is experimenting with the wearing
>> of supermarket socks. I’m not sure if I’m fully at peace with it, but I
>> don’t think anyone has noticed yet.

Its a bit like buying your Armani jeans at Costco. No-one will know, but can you cope with it mentally?
I haven’t gone as downmarket as Armani jeans so far. Perhaps when I retire and it doesn’t matter so much…
;-)
 Help Please - Slightlyfatdirector
The reviews of the Jogger that I have read are positive in the main. I quite like them in the fact that they are just different, quirky and hard to argue great value for money.. Saw a basic spec on the other day and it looked good.

I believe that the main negative is Euro NCAP crash test results. A few short years ago it would probably have got a way higher result as the requirements now take into account things like safety devices such as those annoying systems (that I turn off) to keep you in your lane, and they are not fitted to the Jogger.
 Help Please - bathtub tom
>>safety devices such as those annoying systems (that I turn
>> off) to keep you in your lane, and they are not fitted to the Jogger.

Now it's got my interest.
 Help Please - Zero

>> I believe that the main negative is Euro NCAP crash test results. A few short
>> years ago it would probably have got a way higher result as the requirements now
>> take into account things like safety devices such as those annoying systems (that I turn
>> off) to keep you in your lane, and they are not fitted to the Jogger.

The Extreme edition has much of those features as standard, but NCAP is based on the minimum spec versions.
 Help Please - legacylad
Flogging the 540 Touring ?
You’ll come to your senses soon…
 Help Please - Bobby
My sister has a Jogger. Got it to replace her Alhambra and she loves it.

I like the clever roof bar set up that pops out the roof rails when needed and then folds away again.
 Help Please - sherlock47
My sister has a Jogger.

Careful, BBD will be around!
A neighbour has just bought one. Top spec but in white. Heck of a good value package that seems really useful and reasonably easy on the eye for what it is. Had a look at it with him earlier. Can’t really fault it on first inspection. I’d not want a white one I don’t think, but in a more pleasant colour…
Talk me out of it someone.
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Sat 10 Jun 23 at 11:43
 Help Please - CGNorwich
Just think about the neighbours.
Latest Forum Posts