Motoring Discussion > Short term car insurance Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Oldgit Replies: 7

Short term car insurance - Oldgit
Has anyone used the above? My cousin wants to drive my Sister's car on Sunday in order to test drive it prior to a possible purchase.
 Short term car insurance - Bromptonaut
Can your sister add the cousin to her policy for a few days?
>> Can your sister add the cousin to her policy for a few days?
>>
>>
She could but their CS are in India and she can't be bothered. She, herself is now 90+ and so has a loaded policy. She's giving up driving.
If my cousin wants the car that badly, she can do the work!
 Short term car insurance - martin aston
My son used short term insurance a couple of times. He just Googled and picked one. He doesn’t remember which. As it’s only for an hour or two it’s not expensive or worth spending a lot of time on.
I don’t understand the reference to India but if insurance is for U.K. it might be difficult to get insurance if they don’t hold a U.K. licence. Having said that I expect something will be available at a price.
Last edited by: martin aston on Wed 5 Jul 23 at 19:39
 Short term car insurance - Falkirk Bairn
India is the location of car insurer's Call Centre - often speak Hinglish and combine that with a dodgy telephone line you can often have problems.

I once needed to talk to Esure - it was an Indian Call Centre. Failed miserably & wrote to Esure in Glasgow.
They ignored my letter but roughly 10/12 months later they wrote back, referring to my letter, an apology and announced that all administration was now UK based. Previously new business was UK, claims were UK BUT run of the mill administration was India.
>> India is the location of car insurer's Call Centre - often speak Hinglish and combine
>> that with a dodgy telephone line you can often have problems.
>>
>> That's what I meant. Anyway, apparently my Cousin has now arranged insurance for Sunday or part thereof.
I'd have much rather dealt with our nearby once Hyundai dealer from whom the car was bought. They offered a good price and would have come to my house to check it over prior to purchasing it. It may still come to that of course. Don't like selling /giving things to relatives.
 Short term car insurance - zippy
Used a short term policy in 2014 when Miss Z was at uni and needed to move her from halls to her shared house at the start of her new year.

We used Mrs Z's Touran, and as I had a company car, her insurer wouldn't consider my notional NCD from the company car use and wanted a crazy price to add me to the policy.

It was certainly cheaper than Mrs Z's insurance co. Didn't have any problems with it, but never had to claim either (and of course that's where the test is).

>> but never had to claim either (and of course that's where the test is).
>>

Absolut as they say in Scandy.
Latest Forum Posts