Motoring Discussion > Honda - CRV EX - my 1st 1,000 miles Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 1

Honda - CRV EX - my 1st 1,000 miles - Falkirk Bairn
I had been looking to downsize to a brand new car, avoid cars with EPB and definitely no way would I buy a car costing £560 Road Tax.

I bought a 2nd hand (4+months /1882 miles), has an EPB and is actually bigger than my 2012 CRV.

I found the first few days a bit confusing, no gear lever, no handbrake, a "computer on 4 wheels"

However, almost 2 months later and another 1,000miles on the clock I am perfectly happy with the car.

Good Points
Well screwed together, nice clunk on shutting doors, comfortable, quiet at normal speeds (but revvy on longish inclines)
At least 50%+ increase in MPG (roughly 44/45mpg) over my 2012 car.
Quicker off the mark - electric power. Not fast by today's standards but quick enough for a 77 year old.

Bad Points
No manual - a paperback book with poor print /pictures.
Old fashioned / slow / over complicated Screen - until you manage to switch many functions off

The NEW 2024 CRV announced in August is bigger again and the equivalent to my 2022/23 car is approximately £6,000 more than the list price of my car. The new the top model is nearly £55K.
 Honda - CRV EX - my 1st 1,000 miles - legacylad
Over £50k list for a top of the range CRV.
Is it just the past 3 years that new car prices have escalated a lot or did I take my eye off the ball ?
Latest Forum Posts