Motoring Discussion > Whoops Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 20

Whoops - Pat
tinyurl.com/2uz9f52

Pat
 Whoops - NeilS
He'll soon have something in common with the rest of us - disappointment with the loan car.
 Whoops - hobby
Wonder if the guy who pulled out will get the blame? 125 on the derestricted sections is the norm over there, so he should have looked more carefully before pulling out... Or was the veyron driver napping!?
 Whoops - Old Navy
He may have been doing 125mph initially, but that does not look like 125mph worth of damage to me however much it costs to repair. I bet it can out brake most cars.
 Whoops - bathtub tom
I was told that the authorities regard 85MPH as 'enough'.

If you're travelling faster and get involved in an accident, then you won't be treated very sympathetically.
 Whoops - Biggles
>If you're travelling faster and get involved in an accident, then you won't be treated very sympathetically.

Indeed - over 130 km/h you are automatically considered partly to blame if you are involved in an accident.
 Whoops - Tooslow
So if it was the other driver's fault his insurance company are not going to be amused!

Now there's a thought. Do expensive cars put up the premiums for the ordinary car driver? On the grounds that if you hit something expensive... I guess not, in the grand scheme of things it's only a car and not a person.

John
Last edited by: Tooslow on Wed 6 Oct 10 at 09:21
 Whoops - BobbyG
Double whoops!!!

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2068442/Andy-House-crashed-1m-Bugatti-lagoon-faces-trial-insurance-scam-claim.html

Whoops - rtj70
Yep.
 Whoops - Armel Coussine
OFFS, I am tempted to say.

The truly moronic mix of supercars and Schadenfreude.

(I don't men anyone here, just the event and its reporting).
 Whoops - R.P.
Double whoops!!!

Tut tut DM - "French built" may have been at one time but now built in Italy. Get the basic facts right and we may believe the rest of the story...!
 Whoops - Dog
£1,500,000 for a jamjar, some people are drinking tea out of a jam jar right now.
 Whoops - Iffy
...Tut tut DM - "French built" may have been at one time but now built in Italy. Get the basic facts right and we may believe the rest of the story...!

Bugatti think they build the car in Molsheim, France.

www.bugatti.com/en/veyron-16.4/manufacturing.html

Whoops - R.P.
What would they know ? :-)
 Whoops - ....
Whoops alright.

"The £1.5 million supercar was travelling down the autobahn in Germany at 125mph on Sunday morning when another motorist pulled out to overtake a 16-wheel juggernaut."

What was a 16-wheel juggernaut - if they are referring to an HGV - doing on an autobahn on Sunday morning ? I thought they were banned from midnight to 22:00 on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Last edited by: gmac on Fri 2 Dec 11 at 15:51
 Whoops - Pat
Refrifgerated trailers aren't:)......I don't think!

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Fri 2 Dec 11 at 16:11
 Whoops - ....
You're right Pat. One of the exemptions is:
•Transportation of fresh milk and fresh dairy products, fresh meat and fresh meat products, fresh fish, live fish and fresh fish products, perishable fruit and vegetables;

We'll just have to assume it falls into an exempt category as the report doesn't say, or there's a driver with some explaining to do.
 Whoops - Pat
I know a lot of drivers who load timber/canned goods/white goods etc into refrigerated trailers in the UK to run abroad over the weekend:)...Shhhhh!

Pat
 Whoops - Phil I
Way back in the day we used to lay up half dozen 12m tilt trailers and hire same nr of fridge
vans. These were loaded with general groupage,plus much swearing and cursing. full loads of various hardware all moved out to tip in Ruhr valley and Northern France first thing Monday to load fruit ( peaches from Italy)
same day back to uk tipping Tuesday/Weds. UK markets Reload West Mids and able to tip & reload for Uk delivery Sat/Sun. No chance doing that these days.

Whoops - Pat
It still goes on around here Phil:)

Pat
 Whoops - Phil I
Shows how out ot touch I am. :{{

Phil I
Latest Forum Posts