Motoring Discussion > Ulez sabotage Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 22

Ulez sabotage - Zero
Made very simple

www.youtube.com/shorts/R32Yr4fPGyw
 Ulez sabotage - Oldgit
I have a deluded friend who actually thinks that ULEZ will be abolished if Mayor Khan is voted out at the next Mayoral elections in May this year. I cannot imagine that Susan Hall or that Howard chap have a chance of being voted in as Mayor of London.
 Ulez sabotage - Boxsterboy
>> I have a deluded friend who actually thinks that ULEZ will be abolished if Mayor
>> Khan is voted out at the next Mayoral elections in May this year. I cannot
>> imagine that Susan Hall or that Howard chap have a chance of being voted in
>> as Mayor of London.
>>

Hall won't get in, but even if she did she wouldn't abolish Boris' ULEZ, the expansion of which was forced on Khan as a condition of the government Covid bailout of TfL.
 Ulez sabotage - Rudedog
The Tory candidates pledge is to abolish the new extension - she's repeated this in interviews - of course it doesn't mean she would if she won.
 Ulez sabotage - sooty123
I understand that it's not popular amongst many in the southern provinces.
 Ulez sabotage - Runfer D'Hills
>> in the southern provinces.

Alfgarnetstan?
;-)
 Ulez sabotage - Zero
Oh very good, you must of alf inched that orf sum uver geeza
 Ulez sabotage - Rudedog
OG you are around my neck of the woods so maybe aware of the many cameras that have been forcibly removed in certain areas and have not been replaced along with many of the small ULEZ roundels that have been sprayed over or cut off. My neighbour and many along my road still have their 'old' cars parked and covered waiting for ULEZ to be revoked so they can start driving them again, saying that many of the cars are older performance BMWs, Jags or Porsche's.

There are so many cars/vans around here that either pay the £12.50 each day or ignore it - quite common to see number plates with black tape over one letter or like the bloke up the road with his 2014 Citroen diesel has glued a leaf over the middle number front and back.

Ulez sabotage - CGNorwich
So many people seem to think they can chose which laws to obey. Don't like speed limts then ignore them. Nowhere to park safely? Just leave it opposite a road junction or on the pavement, Dont agree with ULEZ then destroy the cameras and pretend you're some sort of folk hero.
 Ulez sabotage - zippy
>> So many people seem to think they can chose which laws to obey.

Some politicians seem to think that way, so I guess the some in the population think the same.

It starts with little things, as you mentioned, speed limits and progresses to more serious crimes.

Crimes like fraud are called scams and not even investigated - costing the economy billions.

The ULEZ for all its faults is there to save lives.
 Ulez sabotage - Rudedog
I'm sure the figures will be scrutinised after 6 months or a year as to the improvements especially for places like mine who boarder Kent and Surrey and already pass the EU air quality according to TfL's own figures, which is one of the reasons causing so much anger.

Ulez sabotage - Kevin
I'm beginning to think that people are getting so fed-up with all the stick and no carrot justified by dubious science, statistics and lies that the ULEZ expansion has tipped some of them over into protesting in a way that seems appropriate to them.
 Ulez sabotage - zippy
>>No carrots..

There are carrots but you need to be have money to take advantage of them - an example - crazy low BIK rates for electric company cars is an example.

£7,500 subsidy for a new heat pump boiler etc.
 Ulez sabotage - Oldgit
>> OG you are around my neck of the woods so maybe aware of the many
>> cameras that have been forcibly removed in certain areas and have not been replaced along
>> with many of the small ULEZ roundels that have been sprayed over or cut off.

Yes, indeed I believe we do live in the same area and am aware of certain vandalism to the ULEZ cameras in the Bromley and related areas. As you might remember I have a friend who bought our little used 2015 Hyundai i10 which would replace their non compliant 20+ year old Fiesta.
I now maintain that their use of cars is very limited and so could have made about 400 outings in their old car, based on the price paid for our Hyundai. Bearing in mind that only about two outings are made per month so many years of driving could have been made. One saving though, is that the Motor Tax on the Hyundai currently is only £35.
 Ulez sabotage - Fullchat
Non compliant electric bikes and scooters are a prime example of a form of disobedience. The chances of being stopped and dealt with are pretty slim and being identified by evading the authorities by slipping through the congestion are even less.
 Ulez sabotage - Bromptonaut
>> Non compliant electric bikes and scooters are a prime example of a form of disobedience.

Scooters in part are down to a failure to legislate so that safe/legal options are permitted.

Unless the cameras have been fiddled with I wouldn't put the chance of evading the ULEZ charge at all high. Down that way at the weekend and I've set up an account for the non-compliant Berlingo.
 Ulez sabotage - Mapmaker
Scooters are a failure of policeing. There are almost no illegal scooters in London these days; you'll have it confiscated. And almost never see anybody riding the legal ones.

Wish the police did the same with illegal e-bikes.
 Ulez sabotage - Boxsterboy
>> Non compliant electric bikes and scooters are a prime example of a form of disobedience.
>> The chances of being stopped and dealt with are pretty slim and being identified by
>> evading the authorities by slipping through the congestion are even less.
>>

Criminal damage to ULEZ cameras or signs is a significant step up from using non-compliant scooters or e-bikes, indeed some users may be unaware that they are non-compliant. Unlike vandals who know full well what they are doing!
 Ulez sabotage - Rudedog
Monday driving home and it was apparent that every ULEZ sign had been 'removed' from the posts along the main road and all of the adjoining side roads - usually they just spray over them with black paint but this is a step up - they've left the other signs warning of HGV zones, must have taken a lot of work in the dead of night.

Someone must have a stash some where unless they've been melted down.
 Ulez sabotage - Bromptonaut
My foray to Kew Gardens on Friday was successfully noted and £12.50 charged.
 Ulez sabotage - VxFan
>> Someone must have a stash some where unless they've been melted down.

My dad was sacked from his job in road work for theft... I didn't believe it at first. But when I got home, all the signs were there.
 Ulez sabotage - Fullchat
I'm nicking that one :)
 Ulez sabotage - Zero
Thank you for that post, most informative
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 1 Feb 24 at 13:34
Latest Forum Posts