Motoring Discussion > New Bike. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 14

New Bike. - R.P.
Flogging a watch permitted a budget for a new bike. A Honda Tansalp is stashed in the garage awaiting decent weather !
 New Bike. - legacylad
A Honda Tansalp is stashed
>> in the garage awaiting decent weather !
>>
Lovely weather on the C Blanca....driving around the region past 9 days and quite a lot of U.K. bikers around.
And an awful lot of cycling teams and clubs, which is par for the course this time of year.
 New Bike. - bathtub tom
Another one? Dare I ask how many's that now?

Yes, I'm jealous.
 New Bike. - Robin O'Reliant
Henry Cole had one on test recently in ITV4's Motorcycle show.

It looked very much like my type of bike.
 New Bike. - CGNorwich
Am in Lanzarote at the moment and the roads are full of cyclists.The island is a favourite for training for clubs and national teams. Saw a sight I’ve never seen before though yesterday: a one legged cyclist. He was going at quite a speed!
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Mon 4 Mar 24 at 11:25
 New Bike. - Bromptonaut
>> Am in Lanzarote at the moment and the roads are full of cyclists.The island is
>> a favourite for training for clubs and national teams. Saw a sight I’ve never seen
>> before though yesterday: a one legged cyclist. He was going at quite a speed!

You can indeed get up a good speed if you've got good clips - or the clipless thingys.

Be a bad fall though when you have a 'wrong side' clipless topple.

I gave up on using clipless pedals after my clipless screw up ended in a collision with a relative of my daughter's husband and her being thrown off into a bed of nettles. This was ten years ago when the TdF was in Yorkshire.

Went back old fahioned clips/straps.
 New Bike. - VxFan
>> A Honda Tansalp

I initially read that as tankslap.
 New Bike. - Fullchat
A splendid machine.
 New Bike. - R.P.
Just before a long road-trip at the weekend I finally dragged it out ! Needed fuel so a thirty mile round trip to a cheap garage along some brilliant roads, Dyserth, Caerwys, Rhydymwyn (where the UK pioneered atom bomb research - the site is massive and largely intact, well worth a visit) and home another way.

What a fine little bike, so much lighter on the road than the Guzzi and everything is so very Honda, I always considered them to be built like a Swiss watches with beautifully light controls, good sitting position, the weekend run should see first service mileage. Great stuff so far
 New Bike. - Bromptonaut
Going anywhere nice?
 New Bike. - R.P.
Aberystwyth (Long way round) ! :-).....bit of a sighting lap to check the bike out before any potential summer trip.
 New Bike. - Fullchat
I'm quite tempted by the Africa Twin. I don't know if you've seen Richa Vida on You Tube. He rode one down to and around Morocco recently.
 New Bike. - Robin O'Reliant
I envy you, RP. The Transalp would be on my radar were I still biking, as would Triumph's new 400 twin.

Unfortunately my balance has deteriorated with age which puts anything on two wheels out of the question now.
 New Bike. - legacylad
Pfff..I’ll stick with my ‘touring’ Vitara.
Can’t bring back buckets of Albariño y Godello in a few panniers!
Safe riding and enjoy….great adventures lie ahead.
 New Bike. - R.P.
Well, it went mostly OK ! The bike was fine covered over 250 miles with ease along some of the best motorcyling roads in Wales, the only problem was other road user, not least some badly ridden big bikes - aboslute madness in some places. Nice to see Police bikes and speed camera vans in some sensible places. The bike is comfortable, quick and economical (around 65 mpg). Great machine is towns, it appears to do your thinking for you when ridden at speed limited roads, easy ride in the 20s...

Sunday morning saw me with a massive cold which ended in me riding home early.

I have to sort some luggage system out for it.

Does everything I expected from all the reviews I read or watched !

Latest Forum Posts