Motoring Discussion > Peugeot 3008 MPV - New cop cars Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 7

Peugeot 3008 MPV - New cop cars - legacylad
Called to buy milk at Ilkley Tesco Express just before 23:00 last night on way home from Yeadon airport.
Shiny new Pug 3008 liveried up so had a chat with the two occupants who were stocking up on nibbles. Brand new and in their own words... “it’s rubbish”.
Moments later an identical one turned up...N Yorks force. I suppose they were just loitering waiting for the fights to start once the pubs emptied :-)
Pleasant enough to chat too. Gave me a strange look when I almost sat in the wrong side of the car.
 Peugeot 3008 MPV - New cop cars - Bromptonaut
Trying to bend my mind around post West Riding borders.

Ilkley is Bradford IIRC - maternal Grandmother lived nearby in Menston until she went ga ga and ended up in a home.

How far is it from places in NY?
Ilkley is definitely WY...I think NY is just the other side of the Wharfe, as a pal lives in the hamlet of Nesfield and that is NY. Probably had to pop into WY to stock up on nibbles for the night shift.

Ironically, Menston was where High Royds psychiatric hospital was located, that, sadly, was full of ga ga persons. Eddie Waring, having been diagnosed with dementia, ended his days there. Closed in 2003 and now a large residential development

I used to participate in the 36 mile ‘Sting in the Tail’ LDWA Challenge Walk from High Royds Hospital Social Club
>> Ironically, Menston was where High Royds psychiatric hospital was located, that, sadly, was full of ga ga persons. Eddie Waring, having been diagnosed with dementia, ended his days there.

I knew High Royds well as we went past it on the school bus every day for two years. Later my parents were living just off Thorpe Lane at which point it was visible. My Mother volunteered there after retirement helping people with reading etc which had been her focus as an SEN teacher.

Eddie Waring's nephew was in my class in my final year at Primary School.

Some inmates were old and ga ga but quite a lot were neither. The closure of the old Psychiatric Hospitals - Mrs B's Bipolar sister was in one at Leek for a while - was a double edged sword. Some inmates should never have been there but for others it was in real sense an Asylum from a society they couldn't cope with.
And there but for the grace of God....
 Peugeot 3008 MPV - New cop cars - sooty123
>> Trying to bend my mind around post West Riding borders.
>>
>>

Its only been 50 years :)
>> Its only been 50 years :)

True dat. But then it's 46 years since I left the area for the bright lights....
 Peugeot 3008 MPV - New cop cars - Bobby
Police Scotland have a lot of 3008s as well.
Also seen a few 308 Estates.
Latest Forum Posts