Motoring Discussion > M25 Junc 10-11 SHUT FRI 15th to MON Miscellaneous
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 7

M25 Junc 10-11 SHUT FRI 15th to MON - wotspur
So it was going to happen M25 is going to be shut for 3 days
Options I would advise to avoid this , is if coming up from Portsmouth on the A3 , come off at Guildford by the cathedral and turn left towards BROOKWOOD , just follow this road for 9/10 miles up to the m3 , from this junction you can go straight over and follow the road to the M4 .
, and the same route from the north towards Portsmouth
I live in Weybridge and expect 3 days of chaos , if needing to go to Gatwick from the North , I’d suggest M3 towards London , come off at SUNBURY Hampton Ct and then turn right towards Kingston , up the A3 for 1 junction to Tolworth and then various options to return to the M25
Normally when I have to go southbound , I avoid the A3 M25 , I head to Cobham leatherhead and join at junction 9
Good luck or AVOID at all costs
 M25 Junc 10-11 SHUT FRI 15th to MON - Boxsterboy
Agree it is going to be total chaos!
And the problem is that not everyone can AVOID at all costs. Like my son who is currently delivering food for Ocado - from their depot at Brooklands!
 M25 Junc 10-11 SHUT FRI 15th to MON - Zero
I live 4 mils from. j10. We are well used to the A3 junction improvement chaos and have all the back routes down pat. Mainly to avoid all the lemmings clogging the diversion a roads.

'Er indoors is going to Hereford that weekend, so will be using rat runs to J3 m3, Then to M4 through Bracknell.

Me I am going nowhere.

M25 Junc 10-11 SHUT FRI 15th to MON - Rudedog
Oh dear, heading to Snowdonia for a weeks break starting on the Saturday - Google seems to suggest going the opposite way around the M25 and using the Dartford crossing/M1.

M25 Junc 10-11 SHUT FRI 15th to MON - bathtub tom
>> avoid all the lemmings
>> clogging

I read that as dogging, must get new specs.
 M25 Junc 10-11 SHUT FRI 15th to MON - Boxsterboy
Well, what was all the fuss about?

I was out on my bike on Saturday and roads near us that are normally congested if there's an accident on this closed section of M25 were, if anything, quieter than normal. Perhaps everyone took heed and delayed their plans?

Or perhaps a large proportion of weekend traffic is just people driving around because they have nothing better to do??
 M25 Junc 10-11 SHUT FRI 15th to MON - Zero
Indeed, no hassle (above the norm) of any note on the local roads.
 M25 Junc 10-11 SHUT FRI 15th to MON - hjd
There was definitely more traffic overnight during the closures, especially HGVs.
Latest Forum Posts