Motoring Discussion > "Smelly Lorry Drivers" Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 20

"Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Duncan
Where's Pat?

tinyurl.com/3xg6grd
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - ....
Good to see he left the hairy snip bikers alone. More bother than they're worth. Nothing worse than an unshaven woman trucker :)
If the cheapskate wants a 5* experience for his customers why doesn't he build them a 5* meet & greet boarding point?
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 8 Oct 10 at 01:05
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Armel Coussine
I read that story in the Terrorflag.

Although not everyone may think so I am a man of discernment and culture, able to pass muster in most company. But I would rather spend six weeks having my goolies twisted by the Taliban than dolefully living it up on Lord Sterling's carp cruise liner with all these demanding wallies used to nothing but the best, and their hideous blue-rinsed doxies.

Naff comedians, over-the-hill crooners, knackered West End nightclub bands with serious substance habits and no musical skill or taste... the entertainment alone would have me in intensive care in seconds.

Yuck!
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Fri 8 Oct 10 at 02:28
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Mike Hannon
>Naff comedians, over-the-hill crooners, knackered West End nightclub bands with serious substance habits and no musical skill or taste... the entertainment alone would have me in intensive care in seconds.<

You suffered the same cruise as I did, then.
And that's not to mention the line dancing, bingo, piano bar player constantly stopping to ask pub quiz questions, giant jenga, guzzlers queuing for the midnight buffet...

Never, EVER, again.

We ferry users should be pushing for cruise passengers to be kept well away from the rest of the human race.
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Armel Coussine
>> We ferry users should be pushing for cruise passengers to be kept well away from the rest of the human race.

Pithily put, MH. But I have never let myself in for one. I could always tell I wouldn't like it.
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Pat
I saw this report yesterday and it's been posted ( and discussed!) on every lorry driver forum around.
I've had calls from the Transport magazines wanting my ( the PDA's) reaction to it as a quote, and I suspect it's going to run a bit yet.
I'm assured now that he's desperately trying to retract the statement!

Was this gentleman anything to do with the Herald of Free Enterprise disaster in any way?
I've read that he was, but I don't have too much confidence in the source, and you lot always seem to be able to get to the bottom of these things.

Pat
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - DP
I am struggling to think of anything worse than being stuck on a boat for weeks with the likes of his clientele.
This is an appalling advertisement for Sterling and his organisation.
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Jim M
Yes Pat your are right. At the time there was a push to charge him with corporate manslaughter. As Master was under pressure to sail on time and maintainence of doors not done correctly. Private Eye had a lot to say about him.
Jim
Thanks Jim, I bet he thinks lorry drivers have short memories too!

Pat
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - L'escargot
>> Where's Pat?
>>
>> tinyurl.com/3xg6grd
>>

It also says "shirtless".
;-)
I struggle to do shirtless L'es but I can do a better wet T-shirt than the blokes any day:)

Pat
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Duncan
>> I can do a better wet T-shirt than>> the blokes any day:)

I say! Steady on!
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - BiggerBadderDave
"I can do a better wet T-shirt than the blokes any day"

Dunno, Humph had a nice pair of moobs in a photo that I saw of him.
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Dog
>>Dunno, Humph had a nice pair of moobs in a photo that I saw of him<<

- - - - - - - -> :-D
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Iffy
...Dunno, Humph had a nice pair of moobs in a photo that I saw of him...

We'd better get him some girly cowboy boots with tassles.

"Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Fenlander
>>>We'd better get him some girly cowboy boots with tassles.

With hints of his job contacts from past posts I reckon there will aleady be a pair in the wardrobe.
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Mike Hannon
>>Dunno, Humph had a nice pair of moobs in a photo that I saw of him<<

Your taste is wide-ranging then, BBD?
He's a dashing chap, is Humph...
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Badwolf
Turns heads, so I hear. And quite a few stomachs too.

Sorry, Humph - couldn't resist! :-)

While I'm here, what may I ask is wrong with a cruise? We went on one for our honeymoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. We did have some preconceptions but they were dispelled. Still, horses for courses I suppose...
I would love to go on a cruise. I hate carrying suitcases. The idea of visiting loads of places without having to haul luggage around really appeals to me.
Last edited by: BiggerBadderDave on Tue 12 Oct 10 at 07:25
 "Smelly Lorry Drivers" - Old Navy
I resisted a cruise (busmans holiday) until my OH came up with one around the Norwegian fiords. Only two days in transit, then overnight moves between stops. We did not see it as a cruise, more a moving hotel. Also we did not take part in the cocktail party / black tie events, not something we would normally do, so why pretend? I don't see the point of a party with the hired help that drive the ship. I must admit I was reluctant, and saw it as a means to an end, but enjoyed it, and it made a change not having to drive the thing.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 12 Oct 10 at 08:33
Latest Forum Posts