Motoring Discussion > Refining the bike fleet. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 19

Refining the bike fleet. - R.P.
Well the Honda CB650 (1982) is up for an MoT on Wednesday then it goes on e-bay - the VFR is going back to its owner and is likely to be replaced by a 2010 (ex-demo) 1200RT - the touring version of the GS - no plans to get rid of the GS at the moment, paid for and no extra insurance cost leaves only maintenance to pay for so I lover it so much I'll keep it for now.......

Bikes/Cars aren't like anything else you own are they ?
 Refining the bike fleet. - Runfer D'Hills
Your "Mr Umgonna" on holiday then, or are you just ignoring him?
Amongst a few others it's your fault ! Around Manchester tomorrow Humph ?
....in as much as you introduced me to Mr U :-0
Umgonna the Lake District tomorrow PU.
 Refining the bike fleet. - Fullchat
Up to York tomorrow for annual service and MOT on the Triumph. Some trepidation as I have not ridden it since October due to out particularly harsh winter. Had a few beautiful days but its been a tad icy first thing and none to warm.
Don't know whether to take the offer of a loan bike or have a stroll round York. Look a bit daft in full riding gear though!
I accuse my b.i.l. ( a very keen biker ) of being too fond of the leather gear. He likes to wander about in it. He claims he doesn't take any pleasure in it but.....
;-)
 Refining the bike fleet. - MD
Does the team have a view on the Kwacker Versys??
This lot were enjoying the sun yesterday. (Post number 7)

www.bikersoracle.com/triumphsprint/forum/showthread.php?t=4032
 Refining the bike fleet. - Zero
>> round York. Look a bit daft in full riding gear though!

They might just mistake you for another escaped viking from the Yorvik centre.
"They might just mistake you for another escaped viking from the Yorvik centre."

Ho ho. :-] I'm at the cutting edge of motorcycle fashion you know.

Well it was a bit cold but they lent me a new Sprint WITH heated grips - what a treat. Definitely make a big difference.
 Refining the bike fleet. - rtj70
Weather looking good in the lakes tomorrow for Mr Umgonna. Hope it's still nice for him at the weekend when we're there for 4 days.
Edit..
Last edited by: Pugugly on Mon 8 Mar 10 at 20:12
Well did the deal now the owner of a 2 month old fully loaded BMW1200RT - superb bike. ( must get rid of money before taxman finds me !)
Wayhay ! Good one !

BTW - if you were planning on wandering round Manchester in leather gear, slope down to Canal St. They will make you very welcome.........

;-)
I know - I have actually spent some time there in the past - speaking in a very deep voice.
 Refining the bike fleet. - Ted

I was in the ' village ' today, Sackville Street.....didn't see any Pugs about !

Two NorthWest runs coming up to get the season going.
Wirral Egg Run, last Sunday in March...New Brighton to Clatterbridge Childrens Cancer Hospital....used to take toys but they prefer cash now. Thousands of bikes. All traffic lights and junctions giving us priority.
Big Breakfast Run...Sunday 11th April to Truck Stop Cafe, Prees Heath. Hundreds there as well.

Only been out on the Silverwing once this year and that was for MOT...pass with no advisories. I might give it a spin round Chehire on Sunday if it's nice.
Or maybe a run to Rivington Barn.
Roll on Summer.

Ted
I bought the RT from Williams Motorrad on Chester Road......their demo bike. I have been on the egg and toy runs but too many bikes for fun these days..

Refining the bike fleet. - Ted
I didn't see you on the egg run, which one were you ???
I agree, it was just a pain last year until we got going a bit. My wrists were aching after doing 1/2 a mile in about 40 minutes. sliding along on my boots. I peeled off where you turn left off the main drag towards the hospital and had a jolly old time running home through Delamere with a bit of lunch at the station cafe.........didn't go on the MWay at all...I only get the ' twistgrip fever ' and find I'm breaking the law fairly rapidly.
Much nicer to do a bit of lane pottering !

I was in Citroen, A56, doing a safety recall on our Sackville Street C3.. today......funny how paths criss/cross at times.

Ted
It was a few years ago - I was invited this year by a friend but the weather was crap. Yep spent some time on the A56 today - Big Titanic Grey BMW with a dustbin (!) - that was me...
Latest Forum Posts