Motoring Discussion > Winter prep for frameless doors? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: a900ss Replies: 10

Winter prep for frameless doors? - a900ss
Hi,

My current car has frameless doors, so the windows rather than the doors sit on the rubber seals.

Do I need to apply anything to the seals to stop the windows freezing to the door? If you pull a regular door that is frozen, it'll bend the door but you can normally prise it open. Not sure that glass will bend as much...

Thanks

Winter prep for frameless doors? - Falkirk Bairn
Mr Sheen polish, spray on a cloth and wipe around the door seals.
 Winter prep for frameless doors? - Old Navy
Or silicone spray on the seals.
 Winter prep for frameless doors? - Lygonos
Had no real issues with the Forester through last year's winter, but apparently "Gummi Pflege" is the best seal treatment.

shop.autobritedirect.co.uk/einszett-rubber-care-gummi-pflege-100ml-760-p.asp

(no connection - was first link on Google)
 Winter prep for frameless doors? - Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P}
My Hyundai coupe SIII window glasses would not properly pop into place when the doors were closed and things were very cold and icy.Had to drop the glass slightly then wind up again to get rid of the mysterious wind noise. Never had trouble with the glass sticking, but the advice above seems sensible.
 Winter prep for frameless doors? - Victorbox
Rubber spray from Halfords tinyurl.com/322prpw
 Winter prep for frameless doors? - Kevin
I've always used talcum powder on door rubbers. Recommended to me years ago by the service manager at AFN Reading. Dry lubricant that won't stain clothes if you brush up against it.

Drop a bit into a cloth or tissue and wipe over the rubber.

Kevin...
 Winter prep for frameless doors? - BiggerBadderDave
"I've always used talcum powder"

To stop your bottom from sticking to the glass on a cold morning?
 Winter prep for frameless doors? - Kevin
>To stop your bottom from sticking to the glass on a cold morning?

No, my tongue when I'm licking the windows.

Kevin...
 Winter prep for frameless doors? - Runfer D'Hills

>> No, my tongue when I'm licking the windows.

A few years ago, a friend of mine bought a Ford Galaxy on my recommendation. I had one at the time to use as a weekday van and a weekend car which pretty much summed up his needs too.

He had three teenagers ( two girls and a boy ) at the time who took great delight in pretending to be mentally "impaired" while in it as if it was some minibus for unfortunates. It got so bad that he finally gave in and changed it for an estate car.

The poisonous kids saw this as something of a victory !
 Winter prep for frameless doors? - Bellboy
move to an area where dust caps dont get stolen and leave the doors ajar when parked up?
Latest Forum Posts