Motoring Discussion > Audi A3 + S3 - ride comfort Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Buddy Replies: 5

Audi A3 + S3 - ride comfort - Buddy
After 6 years of Audi (firstly Sport and now SE spec), I've decided my ageing bones should no longer have to suffer the hard ride. Wonderful cars, but the comfort price is too high. I'm about to start testing other marques, beginning with Honda's Jazz. Citroen (C4) will probably be another. Quality, particularly cabin design and finish, is important, also noise levels. Anyone know if the Jazz has a more user-friendly ride throughout the range? All suggestions welcome.
 Audi A3 + S3 - ride comfort - mikeyb
Standard ride on the A3 is not bad compared to other marques so not sure you will notice a significant difference. If ride quality is a real deal breaker for you I would suggest you look french, although don't expect Audi build quality. That said I have a C5 and stepped into a borrowed passat last week - the C5 felt a nicer, and dare I say, higher quality place to be. New C4 is out and I believe that it has a nice interior
 Audi A3 + S3 - ride comfort - Bagpuss
I always find A3s ride like the wheels are square irrelevant of spec. If you want a really good ride/ handling compromise I would go for a VW Golf Mk6, in my opinion currently the best small/ medium hatchback, but avoid anything with big wheels. The interior is also far more spacious and feels less claustrophobic than the A3.
 Audi A3 + S3 - ride comfort - idle_chatterer
I would agree with Bagpuss, our Golf VI was excellence, interior is probably 90% as good as the Audi and more spacious / light, ride / handling on 16" SE (now Match) spec alloys was excellent.
 Audi A3 + S3 - ride comfort - Boxsterboy
I used to have a C4 with 17" wheels and the comfort wasn't a patch on the ride of the BX GTi I had years earlier. But then when you see how good French roads are today compared to ours, it doesn't need to be (for them).

Had a ride in friends Golf Mk 6 (sensible spec wheels) the other night, and was impressed with the ride. And the diesel was soo quiet (or was that the stop start ...?)
 Audi A3 + S3 - ride comfort - R.P.
Well it's so far so good with the X1 (Optional 18" run-flats) - admittedly not as good as the Honda but the handling is far sharper and worth the compromise.
Latest Forum Posts