Motoring Discussion > Formula 1 Autocentres Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: adamf Replies: 13

Formula 1 Autocentres - adamf
I currently have a 2000 (X) Peugeot 206 1.4 GLX and it needs a new clutch and the Cambelt replaced in the next few Months. I have been ringing around for some some Prices and F1 Autocentres have come in the Cheapest. The have said it will be £220 for the clutch and £130 for the cambelt Change.

Peugeot want £580 for both
Local Mechanic Wants £400 for both - but he is away on Holiday for the next couple of weeks and i really want the clutch done ASAP.

Has anyone had any dealings with F1 Autocentres and if so good or bad. There price seems very attractive and they can do the work fairly quick but have a nagging feeling that they will try and do extras once the cars on the ramp etc..
 Formula 1 Autocentres - Bromptonaut
Use the one at Northampton Sixfields for tyres and found them very good. No experience of mechanical work though.
 Formula 1 Autocentres - Falkirk Bairn
HJ in the Telegraph on Saturday praised Mr Clutch Centres - no personal experiences as I have never had a clutch fail on me- mind I have a car with DMF so I might in the future.
 Formula 1 Autocentres - FotheringtonTomas
I've had the odd tyre, exhaust, oil change done by F1 - no problems for these small things.

'Phone around, try Mr. Clutch. Branch locater: www.mrclutch.com/contact-us

You can always refuse "Extras".
 Formula 1 Autocentres - Stuu
They tried to sell me 4 shock absorbers which I declined. My car then passed its MOT with no advisories. Ive never been back since.
 Formula 1 Autocentres - RattleandSmoke
Check what clutch plate you will be getting. I have heard the fast fits sometimes use poor quality clutches which won't last much beyond the warranty.

That said we had a cheap Kwikfit backbox on the Fiesta back in 2007 and 30,000 miles later its still going strong.
I have just phoned Mr Clutch and they are coming in at £210. They can do it tomorrow and they are only 200 yards from my work.
 Formula 1 Autocentres - bathtub tom
I reckon all these fast-fit places are much of a muchness.

It seems to me they tend to employ those that, to quote the late Thora Hird, 'sit at the back of the class with the raffia'.

My sister in law was a special needs teacher. She stopped taking her car to them when she recognised the staff.
I have got the car back now from Mr Clutch and for the 5 minutes I drove it for it seems to be all good. I didnt get any phone calls from them telling me that the car needs this and that doing. Price was £210 but I had a £10 voucher which I downloaded from their website so only £200 in the end.

I have to take it back to them 4 times at different mileages for them to check over (The 2 year warrenty condition)

Ill update this thread if i have any problems but so far i am happy with the service i have had.
 Formula 1 Autocentres - crocks
The only time I've been to Mr Clutch was when I was towed in by the AA.

The clutch pedal had gone to the floor and the first AA man said it wasn't just the cable but something broken inside. So he arranged the Relay to Mr Clutch.

I waited to see how much they were going to charge on what was really a blank cheque for them.

I was impressed with them ( and rather annoyed with the AA ) when they said it was just the cable and presented me a very reasonable bill.
 Formula 1 Autocentres - Dave
I wonder what they're going to check every 6 months for the next 2 years.
Well the chap said the "Technician" will take it for a drive to check the biting point and a couple of other bits but should only take 5 minutes - I expect it is actually just their "get out clause" should the clutch fail - if you haven't taken it to them I expect they wouldn't replace the clutch free of charge!
 Formula 1 Autocentres - Iffy
...I wonder what they're going to check every 6 months for the next 2 years...

If you want an oil change, tyres or an exhaust.

And why shouldn't they?

They've done a good job for the OP, so he might well be inclined to use them again.
 Formula 1 Autocentres - Zero
My son used mr clutch for his clio sport, they were very cheap, and job seemed fine.
Latest Forum Posts