Motoring Discussion > Ford Ka - First service Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Perky Penguin Replies: 4

Ford Ka - First service - Perky Penguin
First service today; one year and 9K miles. Went to a family run smallish dealership in a local village. Just over an hour and £101 which seemed good. Ford had offered my a 2 year extension of my AA membership which came with the car AND 3 services but they wanted over £600 so I turned the deal down. I think that decision has been justified by the first service. Some makers are giving 3 yrs service free or for £100 - PSA and Mini.
 Ford Ka - First service - Collos
Still not bad for a coat of looking at.
 Ford Ka - First service - Runfer D'Hills
How is the car holding up as a choice one year in PP? Are you happy with it generally, as in would you buy another, or recommend anyone else in the market for this size of vehicle to do so?
 Ford Ka - First service - RattleandSmoke
Is this the FIAT Ka or the Fiesta MK3.5 Ka?

It is a hell of a lot less than FIAT charge for to service the Panda, my mate paid £185 for his first service, although I have already been told by my dealer its £140.
 Ford Ka - First service - Perky Penguin
It is the Polish built small Fiat Ford. I find it suits me, as a low mileage non-Motorway using OAP. It went in for service with 9000 recorded miles, of which about 3,500 was commuting to and from work. This will stop soon as I have been made redundant (without pay off or compensation) from my work in the NHS.

I can get 50 mpg dayin/dayout. I hate it being a 3 door (only style available) - I put my work stuff in the boot as I can't be bothered to pivot the seats to get things in the back seats. The heated windscreen is great, used in anger this morning. The instrument lighting has no rheostat and is too bright at night. the a/c is very good, as is the heater. Anybody with specific questions feel free to e mail me. BTW - 1 year full comp with esure = £160 and many others under £200 and £30 road tax

Humph - if I regularly needed to move more than 2 people I would go for a Fiesta and I sometime wish I had bought one for the extra £2000
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Wed 20 Oct 10 at 22:21
Latest Forum Posts