Motoring Discussion > Potholes in Surrey. Cost of compensation Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 4

Potholes in Surrey. Cost of compensation - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-11586449

The bad news is that few seem to report potholes so things are not looking good this winter.
 Potholes in Surrey. Cost of compensation - L'escargot
Doesn't the newspaper article refer to last winter? You've no reason to think that Surrey council won't keep on top of potholes this winter.
 Potholes in Surrey. Cost of compensation - henry k
From my view.
My road has many many repairs required so I am not confident that they will keep on top of things with the existing backlog.
In my area they have had to resort to replacing many sections of surface rather than filling in potholes.
Other work to be done includs quite a lot of displaced kerb stones. These kerbstones appear to be just resting on the surface with little of no part of it below hence they are easily displaced.
So overall IMO not a good scene :-(
 Potholes in Surrey. Cost of compensation - L'escargot
Now that you've assumed that it's likely that there will be more potholes this winter than previously, what parts of a car do you assume will suffer damage from driving over these potholes? There has to be a reason for your concern about potholes. Let's get to the nitty gritty.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Thu 21 Oct 10 at 09:24
 Potholes in Surrey. Cost of compensation - R40
>> what parts of a car do you assume will suffer damage from driving
>> over these potholes?

Tyres for one - last winter's failed roads cost many drivers a new tyre or two. Plus new springs caused by failed roads, the lists are endless, of likely damage to cars and the number of council's proving useless at maintaining the roads ;)

R40

Last edited by: R40 on Thu 21 Oct 10 at 10:43
Latest Forum Posts