Motoring Discussion > does any car have a 'windows down' warning? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 20

does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - TheManWithNoName
Saw a car on the way to work this morning with one of its windows down. Heavy frost last night so car may be a bit damper than usual but I got thinking if any manufacturer makes a car which warns if any window is not closed when the ignition is switched off and the key is removed from the ignition.
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - DP
Never seen a warning, but our old Scenic would do a full window/sunroof close automatically when the car was double locked. A great feature, which I miss.
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - Bromptonaut
I've wished I had one a few times. EG

(1) Left car parked on French campsite with windows down after son had been sick in it.

(2) Forgot it was open & went to bed

(3) Woken at 03:00 by rain lashing on the tent.

(4) Spent next day with a damp b*m
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - Oldgit
I never have my windows open - why would you? I do open the driver's window very occasionally to reach out and get a ticket for car park entry but it is then closed immediately.
Generally when I lock my car if I should notice my sunroof open then I use the remote to close it. I suppose one day I'll be caught out and then regret being so sanctimonious, here!
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - Hard Cheese

>>after son had been sick in it. >>

A few years ago a sober friend was driving a drunk friend home, the drunk guy wound down the passenger window and was sick down the side of the car. They got to the drunk guys's house and went in for a coffee, a short while later the drunk guys was feeling better so went outside to hose the sick off the car ... however he forgot the window was open and proceeded to wash much of the sick into the car!
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - bathtub tom
Similar situation, came out to hose it and found the birds greedily devouring the stuff.

Why does it all stick to the side like that?
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - Cliff Pope
>>
>>
>> Why does it all stick to the side like that?
>>

Suggested new colour option for Mini Coopers. State sweet and sour or chicken tika.
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - bathtub tom
>>Saw a car on the way to work this morning with one of its windows down. Heavy frost last night

Probably couldn't be bothered to scrape it. I see them all the time. They run the engine until the demister clears a tiny bit of the screen and then set off with the side windows down.
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - BiggerBadderDave
Mmmmmm, sick out of the car window stories. I remember my x-wife doing it with some style a few years ago. Driving North up the M1 or M6 for Christmas she was suffering "nausia" as a result of her Christmas party the night before. The traffic was solid and stationery, she was in the passenger seat and far too embarrassed to hurl out of the window. So she ripped out pages of a Vogue magazine and vomited into them, wrapped them up and dropped them overboard whenever we managed to pick up speed.
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - Zero
Vogue? shows a certain style.
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - BiggerBadderDave
Yes, Razzle would have been my choice
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - WillDeBeest
Perhaps she tried that first but found the pages were already stuck together.

Ice cream tubs are a useful precaution. Deep enough to avoid splashback, and with an airtight lid to contain the smell. There's always one in the back of our car on a long trip.
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - Cliff Pope
>> There's always one in the back of our car
>> on a long trip.
>>

That's the trouble with children on long trips. Don't let them read. Play eye spy, and keep the window open.
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - Alastairw
'The Boy' threw up in my old 306 once. He got most of it out of the window, but it took me ages to work out how some of it got on the inside of the back window.

Serves me right for making him eat Nana's cooking when he claimed he had a tummy ache.
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - Iffy
A 'friend' of mine was sick in a Renault 5 Auto I had as a company demo.

I think it was the pitching motion of the soft suspension.

He'd been for an Indian and managed to lower the window and put his head out.

Trouble was the curry vomit left a 'shadow' stain on the metallic paintwork of the door.

does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - R.P.
How did you get that sorted ?- must have been a strong curry !
...must have been a strong curry !...

Yes it was, 'phal' if I recall.

As regards getting it sorted, I can't quite remember.

True story, it was one of those stains which wouldn't fully wash off.

The car belonged to the Renault dealer where I was working at the time.

I expect I blamed acid rain.
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - WillDeBeest
Turmeric, Iffy. Evil stuff - the only substance I know that can put a permanent stain on a sealed laminate kitchen counter.
...Turmeric, Iffy. Evil stuff - the only substance I know that can put a permanent stain on a sealed laminate kitchen counter...

Ah, that fits, doesn't it?

does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - Zero
Nicole vomited down the side of my Sierra once, I dont blame her it was ugly, but I think the wine caused it.

Anyway I left it overnight on a hot summer evening, and it hardened and pulled some paint off with it.
 does any car have a 'windows down' warning? - MD
>> Yes, Razzle would have been my choice
>>
That's our Sheik I'll 'ave you know.
Latest Forum Posts