Motoring Discussion > Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 23

Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Iffy
Traffic cop arrested after his neighbour, a retired superintendent, calls police over a parking row.

An inspector and two uniforms turn up, arrest the traffic cop, who later successfully sues his own force for wrongful arrest and gets £5,000 of public money.

'Not the police's finest hour' comments the Daily Mail.

I think they're right:

tinyurl.com/2cef9yg
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - BiggerBadderDave
I'd like to see the Dodge truck that couldn't pass the Range Rover without mounting the kerb, because I'm sure I could get a bin lorry through, no problem.
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Bromptonaut
I note that PC Lund was represented Rex Makin, one of Merseyside's higher profile briefs!!
...was represented Rex Makin, one of Merseyside's higher profile briefs!!...

It's usually a Police Federation selection, isn't it?

There's a canny blonde lass in Leeds who seems to get a lot of that type of work in Yorkshire and the North East.

I've no idea. Having worked in the civil courts in the dim and distant path I've had correspondence from Mr Makin cross my desk. He doesn't mince words!!
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - R.P.
Reading between the lines, two traffic Officers and a supervisor (Inspector) went to the job, I expect that the supervisor was involved as there was a Police Officer involved etc. etc. Again reading between the lines there was an "altercation" and the PC was nicked for obstruction and that the PC got away with it in Court. No doubt the Police responded lie they did as an Officer was involved and didn't want to show favour.
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P}
No doubt the Police responded lie....
A Freudian slip Pugugly?
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Zero
if any of the police are reading this, ask around about the recent case of the Northamptonshire Dog unit, a well known police dog called Bosch, and a missing finger.
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Alastairw
The ex supers car was described by the Mail as an 'outsized American built Dodge Nitro truck'. They arn't THAT big - certainly smaller than traffic guy's Range Rover, imo.
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Kevin
>certainly smaller than traffic guy's Range Rover, imo.

Could that be the root of the problem?

Automotive willy waving?

Kevin...
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Collos
Good to see UK plod doing something useful.
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - BiggerBadderDave
"Automotive willy waving?"

You must be hung like a donkey with two V8s on the driveway...
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Perky Penguin
When I lived in Southport Makin was THE name in solictors. I think the current one featured is the son of the original one who was the local equivalent of Mr Loophole, but on all matters, not just motoring.
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Armel Coussine
Traffic cops are a choleric lot much given to cop-on-cop aggression.

Anyway that was the impression I got some years ago eating a keebab in Rathbone Place, a sort of dogleg at the bottom of Charlotte Street. In those days there was much insouciant evening parking partly on the kerb, and from an outside table I had a seat in the front stalls as the leader of a group on motorbikes and the leader of the group in a car squared up to one another for the right to ticket the many miscreants. They didn't quite come to blows, but language was used, voices were raised and complexions took on a purple hue.

It was lovely.

No offence of course to our colleague or colleagues who keep the motorways safe up there in northern England. Things get a bit fraught in the inner city as no doubt you know.

:o}
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - scousehonda
"When I lived in Southport Makin was THE name in solictors"

PP

You are certainly correct there. He was very much a 'celebrity lawyer' before such things existed.

Seem to remember that he fell foul of the law himself late on in his career (allegedly).
There was, I think, a piece in Private Eye to that effect. IIRC it was written in terms of an apology for having made an allegation that he had been charged; the publisher now regretted this untruth and in fact Mr Makin had been convicted.

It may of course have been that he was either libelled outright or later cleared on appeal.
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - swiss tony
>> "Automotive willy waving?"
>>
>> You must be hung like a donkey with two V8s on the driveway...
>>
From what I understand, the more powerful the car, the smaller the willy...

BTW I'm currently looking for a 850 mini.........................
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Boxsterboy
>> From what I understand, the more powerful the car, the smaller the willy...
>>
>> BTW I'm currently looking for a 850 mini.........................
>>

And my first car was a Honda N360 - like the little Honda 600s, but with a 360cc engine. I think this is the smallest engine ever fitted to a 'proper' 4-wheeled car.

I rest my case! :-)
...I rest my case! :-)...

You don't post as HondaN360boy though, do you?

Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Boxsterboy
Well, it's rude to boast!
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Bill Payer
Seems most odd the Police even turned up due to the ex-officer not being able to get *on* to his drive - there have been many reports that the Police refuse to get involved unless you're blocked in and can't get off your drive.
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - Perky Penguin
It doesn't seem odd to me - a retired superintendent and probably a Freemason. Shocking that he didn't get Blues and Twos response to this very serious personal problem!
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - bathtub tom
>>I think this is the smallest engine ever fitted to a 'proper' 4-wheeled car.

Depends on what you define as a 'proper' car?

Look at this site, I think you'll find many 4-wheeled, 2-door 'cars' with smaller engines:

microcarmuseum.com/
 Coppers arresting each other over parking dispute - J Bonington Jagworth
I was going to cite the 50cc Peel, but then remembered it only had 3 wheels. I bet there's a 50cc 4-wheeler something, though...
Latest Forum Posts