Motoring Discussion > A good feeling!! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 10

A good feeling!! - BobbyG
Nipped into Lidl today to buy some LED lights and there was a woman in the car park having a verbal battle with the Euro Car Park attendant relating to a "parking ticket" she had been given.

Being nosey, I interrupted her, asked had she received a ticket, asked her to step to the side and explained that if she did some googling she would find alot of information relating to these and the legalities behind them. By this time she was in such as state that she was in tears but once I explained the basics of the rules etc she was able to compose herself. The attendant was shouting at her to ignore what I was saying it was all lies.

She thanked me and got back in her car. I bought my lights and came back out and she got our her car with her phone, showing me links she had found on the web already and was delighted that a stranger had intervened to help her!

Gave me a good feeling.

(now I know if I was BBD I would have looked on that as an opportunity.... but I'm not :) )

A good feeling!! - Iffy
...Gave me a good feeling....

Gives me one, too.

You have done her a good turn by pointing out she does have options.

When she's calmed down, I hope she considers what, if anything, to do next.

A good feeling!! - Pat
Well done Bobby, sometimes the tiniest bit of help at the right time can mean so much.

And it made you feel good too!

Pat
 A good feeling!! - Pat
Oh no, they're going to be putting two and two together again!

Pat
 A good feeling!! - Ted

Good man, Bob....keep spreading the word, I try to.

Ted
 A good feeling!! - VxFan
>> (now I know if I was BBD I would have looked on that as an opportunity....

>> Iffy said "Gives me one, too."

Say no more.
 A good feeling!! - Zero
sod the good feelings and saintly deeds, what are the lights from Lidl like? are they any good?
 A good feeling!! - Harleyman
If it's the battery-powered one with the magnet and hook, then yes it is.
 A good feeling!! - BobbyG
www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_15077.htm

They are £2.99 for two and that includes batteries! Don't come with hooks or magnets, just adhesive pad.

I have stuck two under each of the headlamps on my Altea and now its ready to go out for Hallowe'en dressed as an Audi....... :)
Last edited by: BobbyG on Fri 29 Oct 10 at 00:02
 A good feeling!! - Boxsterboy
Lol!
 A good feeling!! - Dulwich Estate
Yeah ! But how did you you know she was a LIDL shopper ? Down my way selfish parkers use the LIDL car park for other devious purposes like nipping into Boots or Argos. These selfish people often make me walk .....ooooh! ... maybe an extra 30 metres or so to the shop door.

Not a LIDL shopper then no help from me.

PS A bit TIC if I've upset someone again.
Latest Forum Posts