Motoring Discussion > Road works warning signs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 3

Road works warning signs - henry k
Just returned from a trip the length of the M3 and back where I saw the road works warning sign on the southbound side " No hard shoulder for 2500 yards.
I have not seen one before that states such a long restriction. I suspect there will be a few scratched heads converting that :-)
On the way north the restriction is only 1000 yards.

Is this an attempt at metrication ?

Are similar signs around in othe parts of the kingdom or is it just in the south?

I have this vision of a little man striding down the hard should with a wheeled measuring thingy followed by a big truck with a big blue sign and lots of yellow flashing lights.
 Road works warning signs - Dwight Van Driver
Yup its an approved sign (Diagram 7015 TSGD) and used throughout England.

dvd
 Road works warning signs - Tooslow
I just wish they'd take them away when they're finished instead of abandoning them.

John
 Road works warning signs - Bellboy
I have this vision of a little man striding down the hard should with a wheeled measuring thingy followed by a big truck with a big blue sign and lots of yellow flashing lights.
>
>>> he probably did too
saw a bloke doing this on a road near me the other week proper two band hi viz jacket on too
thing is though he was walking in traffic direction flow with his back to the traffic in the gutter and on the phone,if i had been in the truck i would have crept up behind him and given him the full La Cucaracha---
Latest Forum Posts