Motoring Discussion > Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 16

Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - L'escargot
I've just read an estate agent's advert and it said that the garage was big enough to hold a Toyota Landcruiser. Any estimates as to what size the garage might be? Why don't they do it properly and measure garages? To me the size of the garage is just as important as the size of the other rooms.
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - Buddy
It might accommodate the vehicle, but will there be enough room for the doors to open? Never trust an estate agent's descriptions.
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - Fenlander
I built my own timber frame/cladding garage/workshop at this place. It's amazing how large they have to be to account for a Discovery sized vehicle. Mine is a single garage 24ft long, 13ft wide & 10ft high. The doors open to 9ft wide and 8ft6ins high.

It's roomy for a car but soon feels modest for a Discovery or LWB Defender when you want to get round all sides and both ends.

Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - Falkirk Bairn
A few miles away there is a large bungalow on a large plot with 2 x garage built in to the house.

Next to this is another recently built & larger 2 x garage to accommodate the 2 x Range Rovers - it detracts and is out of scale with the rest of the house - would have been better not to build the 2nd 2 x garage and bought 2 smaller cars / or left the RR outside in the elements IMO
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - Alanovich
All this justs adds to the argument that this type of vehicle is not suitable for use in the built urban environment.
Last edited by: Alanović on Thu 11 Mar 10 at 10:26
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - oilburner
Not really no. There's a lot of modern houses whose so-called garages would struggle to fit a mid-sized modern car, like a Mondeo say.
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - Netsur
I was involved in a legal case several years ago where the 'executive home' had a garage that would not accept a BMW 3-series.

Bear in mind that the current Golf is the size of a 3-series from about 10 years ago, it shows how marketing is everything. I can't remember how the case ended, but if the garage of a new executive home is too small to take a new 3-series, what does it say about a) the house and b) the car!
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P}
Our current house had an old style Mini and nothing else in the garage when we viewed it. Fitted in rather well.
Now it is full of two wheelers, tools,shelves, washing machine, wine, junk and other accompaniments to 21st century schizoid man.
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - Boxsterboy
A house with a garage big enough for a LandCruiser? Sounds like a farm with a barn.
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - -
Not big enough then for an XF and nowhere near big enough for an XJ/Lex460/745/S320 then.

Why is ownership of those monsters deemed desirable and the similarly footprinted Landcruiser frowned upon by some.

Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - Stuu
Im pleased to say that my Vitara will fit in my detached garage - its wide enough to have atleast 2ft on the drivers side to open the door. Good stuff and I could fit a Landcruiser in mine :-)
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - rtj70
MY old house could probably fit a landcruiser in the garage and let you out. The Mondeo MkIII fitted with a few feet all round. But we sold it last Decemeber. House that is.

I'd like a decent size garage again but a quarter million doesn't go as far as you'd hope! It's not a quarter million BTW. just a ball park..
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 11 Mar 10 at 23:29
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - Alanovich
>> Why is ownership of those monsters deemed desirable and the similarly footprinted Landcruiser frowned upon
>> by some.
>>

Because they make less of a mess of stuff they hit than Land Cruiser type nonsense.

CAVEAT for stunorthants: Apart from Volvo XC60s of course, which are luvverly and made out of marshmallow.
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - tyro
I've never actually considered keeping my car garaged, but even if I did take all the junk out of my garage, the Berlingo is still too high to go through the garage door.

Interestingly enough, I'm the only person in my immediate family who actually has a garage that can be used for a car.

The garage at my parent's house was converted into alternative use before they bought it, and both my sisters have had their garages removed to make way for extensions to their homes.
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - L'escargot
>> I've never actually considered keeping my car garaged ..........

I like to go to bed at night and sleep soundly in the knowledge that my car isn't being tinkered with by some miscreant.
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - madf
I find the worst time of motoring is starting a car which has lain outside in frosts between -5C and -17C - the recent range this winter..
As it's a diesel it takes ages to warmup and demist...
 Garage big enough for a Toyota Landcruiser - Cliff Pope
>> A house with a garage big enough for a LandCruiser? Sounds like a farm with
>> a barn.
>>

Quite so. I fit a LandRover and two Volvo estates into mine.
Latest Forum Posts