Motoring Discussion > BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)...
Thread Author: Fursty Ferret Replies: 16

BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - Fursty Ferret
2008 BMW 1-series Coupe in Sedona Red. Not entirely sure I meant to do it. Test drove it and really liked it, but didn't get as much money off as I'd have liked, so left. Phone call that evening from the dealer and jokingly, I said that if he'd chuck in £300 worth of accessories, I'd buy it. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I'm picking it up on Friday.

www.bmw.co.uk/AUC/vehicle_images/_original/WBAUR32060VF28022_01_DL_291010_1.jpg

On the bright side, it's an awesome car to drive, six speed automatic, 180BHP and despite my trepidation, only £91/year more than the Passat to insure. A tough battle between the cheapskate in me (manual does 62MPG and cheap to tax) against my natural laziness...
 BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - Iffy
...Test drove it and really liked it...

That's reason enough to buy it.

With 180 brake horses it sounds like something of a rocket ship.

BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - R.P.
That is a lovely motor - funnily enough guy up the lane passed me in his this morning and it sounded so sweet. What kit did you get...?
 BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - Runfer D'Hills
Nice AF ! Like the colour. I never used to favour burgundy / wine coloured cars but it has become my new favourite. I seem to have become caught in the silver / grey / black cliche for years. Enjoy !
 BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - R.P.
White is the new grey/silver/black Humph - loads of Alpine white at the BMW emporium I visited yesterday....!
My wife fancies a white 4x4 next funnily enough. But then she is a girl I suppose...
 BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - Hard Cheese

180 bhp? what engine is it? I guess a 177bhp 120d.

We've just bought a 5dr 120i Sport, very nice drive. The dealer had a very nice 123d coupe in silver, more than we wanted to spend though.

BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - Bagpuss
BMW have really improved the 1-Series since it first came out. It's a great car to drive.

I got overtaken on the autobahn the other day by a 1-Series Coupe sporting wide wheel arches, huge tyres, 4 exhausts and that swirly white camouflage signifying a manufacturer's prototype. I guess it was the new M1 as the M version of the 1-Series is sadly not going to be called. Engine made a great noise though.
 BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - Londoner
Well done AF! Nice colour as well.
Whenever I get lent a 1 series, I always feel that it is more of a real BMW than the 3 series. More chuckable, I suppose.

Anyway - enjoy it! Anytime you enjoy your purchase then the money is well spent.
 BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - Collos
Very nice pity your not in Germany where you could use all its power and speed.
 BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - legacylad
I can show you a few roads in north yorks.....
 BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - Iffy
...I can show you a few roads in north yorks...

Yep, one or two test pilots on the ground as well as in the air around the caravan.

BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - Stuu
Buying a car because you like it. Not done as often as we like to think. Enjoy.

Ive managed to own very few cars I really wanted. Must change that!
 BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - Skoda
>> Must change that!

Hurry up! :-) Big 4x4 for the winter?
 BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - Stuu
Well I really want a LR Defender and yes ive driven them alot. Just a swb van do me, pre-td5 era. See how next year goes.
I had a 3.5 V8 90 Stu. Hand painted orange, roll cage, bulls, Cibies, Grabbers, Momo, buckets, ski rack, the whole shooting match. Loved it. Bit thirsty mind ! But then I only had me and my skiing habit to fund in those days...

:-)
 BMW 1-Series E82 coupe - Just bought a new car (oops)... - lancara
Having just dodged a runflat that came off a 1-series on the A1 Saturday last week, I wish you luck. Given it was 5.00 pm and the car ran along on the alloy rim for 200 yards or so, it would be interesting to know when they got going again, and the cost.
Latest Forum Posts