Motoring Discussion > How to sell my Passat? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Fursty Ferret Replies: 15

How to sell my Passat? - Fursty Ferret
Trying to decide what to do with my Passat after buying the BMW. Looking for least hassle possible and a quick sale. They're going for a lot more than I expected on eBay (03's with 100k selling for £3000 upwards).

Last time I sold a car on Autotrader it did sell (eventually) but the degree of hassle I had from dodgy African types trying to scam me was unbelievable. It's been a few years since I've done this so recommendations appreciated!

Currently considering:

* Autotrader (reluctantly)
* eBay
* Pistonheads.

The car was recently chipped, going to restore it to standard software before selling. Not going to mention it in the ads, it only had the remap in for a month. :-)
 How to sell my Passat? - Iffy
A Passat is a good, solid vehicle which is not going to frighten anybody away.

Around £3K puts it in local newspaper territory.

Might be less hassle because prospective buyers will be from your area and therefore easier to weigh up.

No harm in putting a neat For Sale notice in the window, depending where it's parked.

How to sell my Passat? - Mapmaker
eBay would be my choice. Lots of photographs, well-written blurb, sensible use of capital letters etc. etc.
 How to sell my Passat? - bathtub tom
I recently got rid of a Corsa for 2K on Pistonheads. I'd say give it a go as it's free.
 How to sell my Passat? - R.P.
I've sold a couple of bikes on e-bay - latest was my dear old R1200GS which sold to a foreign buyer after the listing finished. No troubles.
 How to sell my Passat? - Fenlander
Another vote for Ebay. It puts your vehicle in front of so many folks if it's a good car you'll get a good sale. There are no greater percentage of messers on Ebay than the sort of folks that will reply to a postcard in the local shop.
 How to sell my Passat? - Stuu
Ive always veered towards Autotrader to get the best price, Ebay to get the most interest.

With Ebay having the Classifieds option now, it is a good choice, but ive always got the best buyers from Autotrader.

Im afraid the dodgy buyers thing is very common, but you can decide usually on the phone whether you think they are genuine and can always say its sold if you dont like the sound of them ( ive done this many times ).
 How to sell my Passat? - Bellboy
quite correct stu
i have my ways of dissuading people too
 How to sell my Passat? - Collos
They are good selers if its a clean it will fetch a good price what ever medium you use to sell it.
...what ever medium you use to sell it...

I bet Mystic Meg could shift it.

"Are there any buyers there?" :)

How to sell my Passat? - Fenlander
I went to see Mystic Meg at a book signing but sadly she had cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.
...I went to see Mystic Meg at a book signing but sadly she had cancelled due to unforseen circumstances...

I see the local psychic society is meeting next week, I'll give them a ring tomorrow to find out how it went.

How to sell my Passat? - NeilS
>>>I see the local psychic society is meeting next week, I'll give them a ring tomorrow to find out how it went.

I see in my local rag that next week there's a meeting at the town hall for schizophrenics; I've half a mind to go along..

I'll get my coat
 How to sell my Passat? - bathtub tom
>>I see in my local rag that next week there's a meeting at the town hall for schizophrenics; I've half a mind to go along..

I'll see you there. We won't be alone.
 How to sell my Passat? - Zero
They never have meetings, not in he physical presence anyway.
 How to sell my Passat? - Hard Cheese

>>I see the local psychic society is meeting next week, I'll give them a ring tomorrow to find out how it went.>>

Time travel classes are on a Tuesday night around here, of course once you have been a couple of times you can go whenever you like.

Latest Forum Posts